Westjet Gold Advisory Council

Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Westjet Gold Advisory Council

Did anyone else receive this?

Hello, with your input, WestJet Rewards can be even better.

As a highly-valued WestJet Rewards member, I want to extend this personal invitation for you to join our Gold Advisory Council. This is a new forum, where you get to tell us what were doing right and what you would like to see changed. By joining, youll have a chance to let us know about program enhancements youd like to see implemented. And, you can expect to be invited to complete short surveys and discussion forums on specific topics. Your participation will help us make WestJet Rewards the best airline loyalty program in North America.

Your input is critical to ensuring that WestJet Rewards continues to make meaningful enhancements. We look forward to welcoming you to the advisory council. Think of it as becoming an honorary WestJetter!

Join the Gold Council link
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I filled out the survey and got this message:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our profiling survey!

Confirm your membership

A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you provided. Please follow the instructions to confirm your membership and participation in the WestJet Rewards Gold Advisory Council.

This is an exclusive community for Gold WestJet Rewards members to share their experiences and opinions with WestJet. Membership and access to the Council is by invitation only.

Your feedback is important to us. If you have any questions about the survey or any comments, please feel free to email us at xxx

Sincerely,

The WestJet Rewards Gold Advisory Council Team
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I got it too, completed the initial survey, and agreed to participate in focus groups. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I like to brag that they made their most recent decision - to keep Golds at 5% cashback rather than restarting every year - because of me. I bet I sent 20 emails and filled out 20 surveys with the exact same comment haha
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
This is great news! Glad to see they're listening to guests comments!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My wife got an invitation.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Not me...

...2 years Gold. Guess I'm not as special as the rest of you.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
I'm Gold but got a completely different survey.

It says it's going to take me 25 minutes.....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frequentlander; Mar 10, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I'm on WS right now PHX-YYC and the guy across the side from me was talking to me about this. Says it's pretty interesting and they do listen. I tried status matching WAS good but their promo is over. Should hit it this year so it'd be cool to get the offer
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:44 am
Original Poster

So far this just looks like a glorified way to get their best customers to answer surveys, but I agree, they do listen.

By way of reference, I have been earned (spend) Gold since day 1 (and top tier for whatever it was called before that).
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Make them join an alliance.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:44 pm

Still hoping they join Oneworld... Would make Gold or even Platinum this year with AA i fso, just because of all this WS flying. Love all the non stops to the US! Have flown them just as much as UA/AC this year.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Still hoping they join Oneworld... Would make Gold or even Platinum this year with AA i fso, just because of all this WS flying. Love all the non stops to the US! Have flown them just as much as UA/AC this year.
They are much more likely to join Skyteam than oneworld.

Westjet feeds KLM/Air France more than British Airways in Canada (I think)

And the fact that at LAX Westjet is moving to Delta's terminal instead of AA says a lot..
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
They are much more likely to join Skyteam than oneworld.

Westjet feeds KLM/Air France more than British Airways in Canada (I think)

And the fact that at LAX Westjet is moving to Delta's terminal instead of AA says a lot..
Hmmm that does make sense. I haven't kept up with their codeshares except for when they first starting doing them with AA. I'd be fine with Skyteam too!

All they really need to do is tear out their 3/3 Plus seats, throw in some domestic J style seating and they are good to go! That with skyteam/ow alliance would make them almost a viable competitor to AC for the domestic market at least.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I'd be thrilled if WestJet were to join Skyteam. My overseas flights are all on KL and KE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.