Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Checking back with an overnight between legs

Checking back with an overnight between legs

Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Checking bag with an overnight between legs

I'm wondering what happens if you have a flight, like we do, where you have an overnight between segments. We are flying YQR-YYC-SAN and have about 12 hours between flights. Does the bag just stay checked all the way through (it's all one itinerrancy/ticket)? I don't really want to check a bag, but we have quite a bit of stuff we will be bringing back and it won't all fit in a carry-on sized case so think bringing a larger suitcase will be a good idea.

Last edited by arf04; Jan 9, 2017 at 11:14 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
Short answer is yes it will remained checked all the way through.

While I have never flown with WS and had this situation, I have done it several times with other airlines. In fact coming up in March I'm flying to ADL via HKG on CX with a 23h55m stopover each way. I've done this before and its nice not to have to worry about my luggage.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:17 am

Unless you specifically ask that the bag only be checked to YYC, it will usually be checked through.

If you only check it to YYC, then re-check it the next day, they will likely want you to pay another baggage fee.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
Unless you specifically ask that the bag only be checked to YYC, it will usually be checked through.

If you only check it to YYC, then re-check it the next day, they will likely want you to pay another baggage fee.
Thanks. No baggage fees for me anyway so that's not a consideration. We ended up going carry-on only and packed a duffle for the extra stuff we are bringing back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.