Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection vouchers used for flights beyond expiry date

Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

I have a WS flight booked for March and several seat selection vouchers that expire at the end of this year. Can i apply one of these for a seat on that flight?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I have a WS flight booked for March and several seat selection vouchers that expire at the end of this year. Can i apply one of these for a seat on that flight?
No.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by kylejaymes
No.
Are you sure? You can use companion certificates for a flight that is beyond the expiry date, so why not seat selection
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:48 pm

From the seat selection voucher t's&c's:
"Valid for bookings made prior to the voucher expiry date; travel may occur after the voucher expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking."
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by robsaw
From the seat selection voucher t's&c's:
"Valid for bookings made prior to the voucher expiry date; travel may occur after the voucher expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking."
Thought so, thanks. I use about to expire companion vouchers for flights that are 11 months away.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks. I find such T&Cs difficult to find on the WS web site.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I called in today to use a couple seat selection vouchers. The reservation shows the seats, but my account doesn't show any used vouchers. Are they not considered "used" until the flight, or did the agent do something wrong?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.