Westjet to serve McDonald's coffee

Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Just bring your own jar of instant coffee then.
Gack, instant? You really should try real coffee. You might like it.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I'm often amazed by what people whine about on FT.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre
I'm often amazed by what people whine about on FT.
Whine? That's another one of my beefs. Why can't I get a decent glass of wine on Westjet?

Last edited by DoctorDoug; Nov 23, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Gack, instant? You really should try real coffee. You might like it.
I have, and I do.

However, given that someone (you?) objected to the primary constituent of coffee - water - and valued the ability to stand a spoon in their coffee - then a jar of freeze dried granules should represent coffee nirvana on these metrics.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by DoctorDoug
Whine? That's another one of my beefs. Why can't I get a decent glass of wine on Westjet?
Yes! Now you're speaking my language.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
I suppose the best coffee is actually provided on the only true legacy carriers left in this country, 5T/7F on YOW/YUL-YFB. The free coffee and Bailey's after dinner is great! Otherwise I think their coffee is the worst of all the carriers I fly regularly.

For those wine lovers up thread, the free wine with dinner is also a great touch. Of course for ~$3k return in Y for an under three hour flight it should be.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
I suppose the best coffee is actually provided on the only true legacy carriers left in this country, 5T/7F on YOW/YUL-YFB.
So there is no better coffee on the ground?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by irishguy28
So there is no better coffee on the ground?
If I'm going to be in the air, it doesn't really matter how good it is on the ground! Would I go to YFB for the in-flight coffee? Probably not!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, DL, AC Gate Lice, WS, UA
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Budget airline = Budget coffee.
I have a great idea - WS should raise fares, treat pax like they could care less etc. That'll fix your analogy to Overpriced airline = Overpriced coffee. Sound better?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by YYCfasha
I have a great idea - WS should raise fares, treat pax like they could care less etc. That'll fix your analogy to Overpriced airline = Overpriced coffee. Sound better?
That would sound exactly like AC.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by YYCfasha
Overpriced? Usually, AC/Westjet price their fares within $5. If the difference is larger, it is because of the loads. Westjet is a good airline for a leisure traveler or someone who fly's a limited amount of business travel. Fly 10X per year, Westjet could be better. Fly, 40 to 100+ times per year, AC is light years ahead of Westjet with their Altitude program. Maybe because of my Status, but I get better service with AC(SE2MM) than Westjet(Gold).
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Overpriced? Usually, AC/Westjet price their fares within $5. If the difference is larger, it is because of the loads. Westjet is a good airline for a leisure traveler or someone who fly's a limited amount of business travel. Fly 10X per year, Westjet could be better. Fly, 40 to 100+ times per year, AC is light years ahead of Westjet with their Altitude program. Maybe because of my Status, but I get better service with AC(SE2MM) than Westjet(Gold).
I fly based on best connection/departure time. I find WestJet works best for a small hops between major Western Canadian cities. Air Canada for most everything else.

As far as coffee goes, I welcome the McCafe offering. Better than what they have now. I put it somewhere between Tim's and Starbucks.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
WestJet Encore

Has WestJet Encore begun to serve McDonald's McCafe coffee?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.