Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

When Will The Website Allow Multi-City Bookings?

Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!

I wonder if Darren, Aerobod or anyone else with insight can indicate when the multi-city booking utility might be reactivated on the website?

I need to plan some fall travel and I would prefer to review different booking options online, rather than struggling to do it over the phone and tying up an agent's time.

Is there a timetable for this to happen? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I wonder if Darren, Aerobod or anyone else with insight can indicate when the multi-city booking utility might be reactivated on the website?

I need to plan some fall travel and I would prefer to review different booking options online, rather than struggling to do it over the phone and tying up an agent's time.

Is there a timetable for this to happen? Thanks.
I would like to know too. I book a lot of multi-cities and some include USA travel. Unfortunately when booking from USA back home to Canada the prices are in USD$. To get it priced in CAD$ I have to phone an agent. Very annoying that all the trips have to be on separate itineraries. Wondering as well when this will be fixed?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I need to plan some fall travel and I would prefer to review different booking options online
If you're just planning, ITA is 1000% better than westjet.com (or any airline's website for that matter).
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:43 am
Original Poster

mahasamatman - do you mean the https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ site?

If so, then I'm not sure I agree. Half the time when I subsequently go to book the flights, for one reason or another it doesn't work and I have to start all over again. Seems a waste of time.

Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by Symmetre; Aug 31, 2016 at 9:00 am
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:27 am

Multi-city bookings will return, but I don't have any date for that to occur yet. It is part of a broader feature set with a number of business traveller orientated functions.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Aerobod
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by aerobod
.........It is part of a broader feature set with a number of business traveller orientated functions.
Oh happy day!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:26 pm

Or am I missing something here?
A good travel agent, maybe.

You are not trying to book not-so-simple ITA itineraries on Expedia and their ilk, or on an airline's website, are you?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
A good travel agent, maybe.

You are not trying to book not-so-simple ITA itineraries on Expedia and their ilk, or on an airline's website, are you?
Ha! Yeah, I agree on the good travel agent. But for now, I'm it.

And at the risk of sounding like a real amateur here, yes on the ITA itineraries. When I've found specific flights/dates/routings on the Google ITA website mentioned above that I've thought would work, then tried to book them on Westjet's (and other airlines') websites, I often wind up with completely different fares, or am told some routings aren't available, or I can't do it because ... yadda yadda yadda.

If there's a better way to go about it, I'm all ears. Pls PM if you prefer. Thanks! I appreciate any and all help!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
mahasamatman - do you mean the https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ site?
That's the site.

When I've found specific flights/dates/routings on the Google ITA website mentioned above that I've thought would work, then tried to book them on Westjet's (and other airlines') websites, I often wind up with completely different fares, or am told some routings aren't available, or I can't do it because ... yadda yadda yadda.
I have to say my experience is very different.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:00 pm

Ha! Yeah, I agree on the good travel agent. But for now, I'm it.

And at the risk of sounding like a real amateur here, yes on the ITA itineraries. When I've found specific flights/dates/routings on the Google ITA website mentioned above that I've thought would work, then tried to book them on Westjet's (and other airlines') websites, I often wind up with completely different fares, or am told some routings aren't available, or I can't do it because ... yadda yadda yadda.

If there's a better way to go about it, I'm all ears. Pls PM if you prefer. Thanks! I appreciate any and all help!
It really depends. A travel agent can often do it if you feed them the right information. In other situations, a phone call to the airline may be advisable. Other options are trying to find the same itinerary on hipmunk; Priceline shows tons of possible itineraries - if you are super patient, you may find it there. Etc.

Last edited by sokolov; Sep 14, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Any idea if this new broader set of features will include flight passes? WS needs to step up their game in this regard if they want to truly compete with AC.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Any idea if this new broader set of features will include flight passes? WS needs to step up their game in this regard if they want to truly compete with AC.
That is one of the future wish list items, I don't have any timing for release, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.