Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing Luggage @ LGW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Purchasing Luggage @ LGW

Hello all,

A group of 8 of us are flying to Toronto on Sunday from LGW. I will be checking in everyone in myself.

However, I don't want to add luggage while I'm checking everyone in online (difficult to keep track of costs) - Can I just check in and go to the Desks at Gatwick and purchase luggage?

Just mindful of being told they can't take our luggage on board on any legs of our trips (LGW>YYZ>YUL>YYZ>LGW) or even if they have specific Westjet desks at LGW (I've heard they're operated by other firms).

Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by uzi123
Hello all,

A group of 8 of us are flying to Toronto on Sunday from LGW. I will be checking in everyone in myself.

However, I don't want to add luggage while I'm checking everyone in online (difficult to keep track of costs) - Can I just check in and go to the Desks at Gatwick and purchase luggage?

Just mindful of being told they can't take our luggage on board on any legs of our trips (LGW>YYZ>YUL>YYZ>LGW) or even if they have specific Westjet desks at LGW (I've heard they're operated by other firms).

Thanks for any help!
No problem in paying for your luggage at the airport, I believe that LGW can take the payment at the check-in kiosks as well as at the check-in desks. When you check-in online up to 24 hours before the flight (to make sure you get the best available seats) just select 0 checked bags, then add the bags at the airport.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just give yourself extra time with that much luggage and that many people!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:56 pm

How is the luggage charged in UK and Ireland
a) online and b) at the airport - CAD or local currency?

And what are the exchange rates like?

Do they add tax?

TNX
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
How is the luggage charged in UK and Ireland
a) online and b) at the airport - CAD or local currency?

And what are the exchange rates like?

Do they add tax?

TNX
LGW and GLW fees at the airport are charged in GBP, and DUB is in EUR. I believe OLCI fees are charged in the currency of the booking, from querying the reference manual. The rates are reasonably close to base exchange rates, updated daily in the Sabre system.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.