Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

What am I missing....WJ $'s please explain.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What am I missing....WJ $'s please explain.

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Also, it sounds like you are comparing what you earn as an Elite at Aeroplan, to what you earn as no status on WS, which isn't really an apples to apples comparison. If you were no Status on AP, and Gold on WS, your calcs may be different.
I'm on both programs and not counting my AC status bonuses, AC is still far ahead of WS even with my WS gold benefits. WS has to pick up their game to really cut into AC business traffic.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
OK, my last reply was lazy. Here is the real reason WS is awesome. It is certainly not for the WS Dollars. They are just a bonus. At $4000 dollar spend, you get a BOGO flight anywhere westjet flies in Canada. When used right, this is a perk worth $400-750 dollars, and of course, there are no blackout dates (try using AP on a long weekend). When you spend only another $2000, to reach $6000, you get an anywhere they fly for free BOGO. I have not had one instance where this has saved me at least $1200 dollars (think Caribbean during holiday season or march break). So, if used right, and you spend $6K, you are getting $2K in benefits. Spend an additional $4K, to get to $10K, and you get another flight anywhere they fly. To me, that is a great perk. To some, it is not, but I think that is how you need to compare.
Ok, but I can still use AC for 1/2 the cash outlay of WS and if I use my points "right", save a lot more than WS $400-$750.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WestJet
Some say the best part about the program is the redemption opportunities.

You can use a small amount of WestJet dollars toward any booking at any time. There is no mystery seat inventory and no blackouts.

Cheers,
Darren
Yes, this is true, just like Shoppers Drug Mart, where you designed your program from. But in the end, WS value is not as good as AC's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.