Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can you get Plus seats without paying for ability to change/refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

I've started booking a few first-class seats recently on short flights. I was checking on flights for an upcoming trip where Westjet is the best choice and I noticed that their Plus seats are more expensive than first-class on other airlines which is weird given the inferior seating.

I think it's because their Plus bookings include the option of changing flights with no fees or getting a full refund. I usually book non-refundable tickets (savings are usually more than change fees anyways and it's very rare that I change plans).

Is there a way to get Plus seats without the added cost of a flexible ticket? Can I wait until the day before the flight or upgrade at the airport?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by canflight
Is there a way to get Plus seats without the added cost of a flexible ticket? Can I wait until the day before the flight or upgrade at the airport?
You can upgrade via online check in at T-24. The pricing is in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...my-plus-4.html

Most flights I've taken in the last year or so, all of the plus seats are sold out by the time I've arrived at the airport.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
That sounds better. It's YYC-SAN so the ticket was around $250 for the cheap seats and $500 for Plus. Same price difference as first/business on United. If it's just $100 at check-in that's a lot better.

I got 4 vouchers for free upgrades to Plus at the airport last year and ended up throwing them out when I got tired of asking. Hope it's better the day before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.