First Time Westjet

Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
First Time Westjet

Hi All,

I thought id say Hi, taking my first Westjet experience on boxing day when going to see my GF.

I'm flying BA into YYZ then going WS to YQT. I presume the bag drop after customs is easy to find!

Also we are travelling back to the UK together (she leaves a week earlier for Christmas with her family). Do Westjet interline the luggage or will i need to collect and recheck, this is on one booking.

Thanks,
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:36 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by aidy
Hi All,

I thought id say Hi, taking my first Westjet experience on boxing day when going to see my GF.

I'm flying BA into YYZ then going WS to YQT. I presume the bag drop after customs is easy to find!

Also we are travelling back to the UK together (she leaves a week earlier for Christmas with her family). Do Westjet interline the luggage or will i need to collect and recheck, this is on one booking.

Thanks,
Can't wait to welcome you on board, Aidy! It's super easy to re-check your baggage in Toronto after customs. Just look for the grey door by baggage carousel number 2. Go down two flights of stairs, down the hall, and take your third right. Knock on the door three times and tell the doorman you're here to see a man about a moose. Be sure to pronounce "about" like a Canadian, or a trap door will open beneath you and you're on your own from there. If you get it right, just hand over your bags.

Joking.

Seriously though - it's a pretty easy process! You'll see signs and our WestJet team after the customs officer takes your customs card. In each direction, if the WestJet flights and BA flights are on the same ticket, your bags will be checked through to your final destination. Both airlines use the same terminal at Toronto Pearson so you don't have to walk too far.

Let us know if you've got any further questions! Happy to help.

See you next month,
Darren
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Darren, you seem exceptionally cheery today. Must be profit share day (it is, in fact)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:44 pm

The sun is shining. It's Friday. There's a buffet downstairs beside a little envelope with my name on it. What's not to be happy about!?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet
What's not to be happy about!?
Rumour has it, the cheques are 60% smaller than 6 months ago.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:08 pm

That sounds about right. Profit share is a line item in our quarterly results so you can predict it pretty closely if you like spreadsheets like I do.

But it will be the biggest November profit share cheque to date so that's an achievement to celebrate. Plus, I live in a city where tens of thousands of people have been laid off this year so to still have a job I love; work at a great, profitable company; and have the privilege of serving guests like you fine folks every day; there's really a lot to be thankful for.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold SPG Gold Delta Priviledge Gold HHonors Silver
Here Here! No need to apolgize for profits made. Keep up the good work.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Reading your reply, it shows me why the other half loves flying Westjet!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.