Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plus on 767 vs 737?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Plus on 767 vs 737?

I am flying YYZ to YEG in a couple of weeks. I can choose direct flight on 737 or 767 to Calgary then 737 to YEG.

I have not yet flown on a 767. Is the Plus on that equipment for the longer leg worth the extra hop to YYC/YEG?

I have the time - it is a travel only day, and I am staying the the Ren YEG.

C
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by catarina
I am flying YYZ to YEG in a couple of weeks. I can choose direct flight on 737 or 767 to Calgary then 737 to YEG.

I have not yet flown on a 767. Is the Plus on that equipment for the longer leg worth the extra hop to YYC/YEG?

I have the time - it is a travel only day, and I am staying the the Ren YEG.

C
I haven't been on the 767s but I would take the route through YYC just to experience what it's like and whether I would enjoy it on a long-haul trip.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:59 am

I have not experienced it either but the plus seats on the 767 are wider and more like domestic business class seats. If you try it out let us know how it is.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:07 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by radnub
I haven't been on the 767s but I would take the route through YYC just to experience what it's like and whether I would enjoy it on a long-haul trip.
aaaaaaaaaaaand post a trip report! We haven't had a WestJet B767 trip report yet!

Cheers,
Darren
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I will be on two in the next 2 months. Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:45 am

In terms of what the plus cabin looks like on the 767, this video gives you a view:
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:17 pm

I was delighted to discover that a flight we're booked on YYC-YYZ in a couple of weeks has been upgauged to B763. I will definitely purchase Plus upgrades if they are available and post a brief trip report.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: WestJet Gold SPG Gold Delta Priviledge Gold HHonors Silver
Trip report 767 YYC to YYZ (Plus)

Hello

First post for me, decided I should get in the game finally!
I am a devoted West Jet customer, flights weekly mostly covering Western Canada as a field service engineer for a medical device maker.
I had some meetings in YYZ office last week and was surprised I fluked into the 767 experience.
Paid Plus fare both ways, I was on WS 670 on Oct 31.
I must say it was the most enjoyable flight I have had in a long time, maybe ever.
First off the cabin crew were excellent, first surprise getting a menu card before takeoff with 3 (I think) choices of a hot entree. I chose the chicken pot pie which was delicious and filling. A novel experience smelling hot food on a WJ flight to be sure.
I got the impression the flight was one of if not the first time the 767 did this route. The cabin crew seemed genuinely excited to be on this aircraft and also introduced several WJ VIPs who were on board (chief check pilot for 767 and a Customer Service director)
Plus cabin is spacious beyond belief compared to the 737 and seats are very comfortable with several controls for recline, leg rest, foot rest and such.
Service was 10 out of 10! Even the ride seems smoother as turbulence seems to be cushioned I guess due to size of the machine compared to the 737.
Nice touch near the end as the FA, who I should mentioned introduced herself before takeoff, brought a basket of chocolate bars licorice etc from the BoB cart saying "trick or treat" and letting everyone pick their treat!
This will be even better once steaming IFE/Internet is turned on.
My view as a WJ FF with no entitlement issues is that I would definetely go out of my way to take this ride. I could get easily be spoiled by this type of service!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by YYC Curler
Hello

I am a devoted West Jet customer, flights weekly mostly covering Western Canada as a field service engineer for a medical device maker.
I had some meetings in YYZ office last week and was surprised I fluked into the 767 experience.
I must say it was the most enjoyable flight I have had in a long time, maybe ever.
First off the cabin crew were excellent, first surprise getting a menu card before takeoff with 3 (I think) choices of a hot entree. I chose the chicken pot pie which was delicious and filling. A novel experience smelling hot food on a WJ flight to be sure.
I got the impression the flight was one of if not the first time the 767 did this route. The cabin crew seemed genuinely excited to be on this aircraft and also introduced several WJ VIPs who were on board (chief check pilot for 767 and a Customer Service director)
Plus cabin is spacious beyond belief compared to the 737 and seats are very comfortable with several controls for recline, leg rest, foot rest and such.
Service was 10 out of 10! Even the ride seems smoother as turbulence seems to be cushioned I guess due to size of the machine compared to the 737.
Nice touch near the end as the FA, who I should mentioned introduced herself before takeoff, brought a basket of chocolate bars licorice etc from the BoB cart saying "trick or treat" and letting everyone pick their treat!
My view as a WJ FF with no entitlement issues is that I would definetely go out of my way to take this ride. I could get easily be spoiled by this type of service!
Thank you for this. I can't wait to try it!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Flew on WestJet for the first time this week. Service was warmer than AC. Registered to congratulate the WestJet team!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:27 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by YYC Curler
Hello

We're grinning from giant winglet to giant winglet.
D.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:53 am

All 3 of us are looking forward to trying Plus on the 767 tonight
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:35 am

Just off WS648 from YYC-YYZ. My comments completely echo the above trip report. The menu card presented upon boarding was indeed a nice touch. Couldn't believe that only 7 of the Plus seats were occupied. It's a world of difference compared to the 737, much more like domestic J. Much quieter, too. Both of us adults had the chicken pot pie and a glass of wine (which was topped up during the meal without having to ask for it) before comfortably sleeping for the rest of the flight. I actually wanted to sleep instead of eating, but my wife said "you'd rather sleep than enjoy this service?" Although I was only awake for about an hour the service was 10 out of 10. It appeared that the plus cabin had dedicated crew? Woke up on descent to chocolate mints on our console. To top it all off the FAs told our infant how cute she was.

We'd definitely fly plus on the 767 again and would actively seek out this aircraft if we could manipulate our schedule or routing to fly it. Would be great value for long haul.

For reference, we usually fly WS within North America and the European airlines TATL.

Very impressed.

Last edited by YYCCL3; Nov 24, 2015 at 5:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.