Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WS Gold - Free Same-Day Flight Changes - but Only 1 flight/day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

Ok, quick question for someone (maybe Darren)?

I am looking at a flight where there is only 1 per day into a city (YBR).

The free "same-day" clause would leave me to believe that if I wanted to hop on an earlier flight, or a later flight, each of which would be the day before or day after my original flight, respectively, that I would not be allowed.

Then I go to the terms and see:
Re-accommodation for a missed flight is applicable to the next available flight only. A member wishing to travel on a flight other than the next available is required to purchase the new flight at the lowest available fare; funds paid for original flight will be forfeited.
So if next-available, is the next day, does this still apply, or does it have to be same day for it to be complimentary?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:12 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Sorry, CanuckFlyHigh, complimentary same-day changes are restricted only to flights that depart on the same calendar day - frequency (or lack thereof) doesn't affect the promise.

The good news is that a second daily flight to Brandon starts mid January!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by WestJet
Sorry, CanuckFlyHigh, complimentary same-day changes are restricted only to flights that depart on the same calendar day - frequency (or lack thereof) doesn't affect the promise.

The good news is that a second daily flight to Brandon starts mid January!
Thank you. And very happy about the 2nd YBR daily flight.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:29 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
My apologies, I have misrepresented the promise.

The information I gave applies to departing on an earlier flight.

For missed flights, the new flight must simply be the next available flight, regardless of the day.

Sorry!
Darren
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WestJet
My apologies, I have misrepresented the promise.

The information I gave applies to departing on an earlier flight.

For missed flights, the new flight must simply be the next available flight, regardless of the day.

Sorry!
Darren
No problem. Thanks for the update .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.