Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet status match back on and easy renewal for existing Golds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet status match back on and easy renewal for existing Golds

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globex
All over the place for me... I've had some within 3 days and some within 2 weeks. In some instances, if I flew A-B-C, I would get B-C posted before A-B.

If by 2 weeks, you don't see it, you can fill out that missing rewards form on My Westjet. They seem to respond pretty quickly for those.
Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:40 am

I flew over the weekend YYZ-YUL to meet the requirement to match for next year. I did redeem Westjet dollars, since the email I got from the Status Match Rep only said that I had to "travel once between now and December 31st to have her Gold status activated for the 2016 year."

Will this trip count? She didn't specify that flights with Rewards dollars redeemed wasn't eligible, just that I had to travel...

Anyone? Darren?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Thank You West Jet

I also flew one segment (YYZ-YOW) this past weekend, and my status match has already been confirmed.

Anorg90, did you apply?

I booked my segment run a few weeks before AC announced its latest AP changes. I am so glad I am done with AP!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by canopus27
I am in the "pending" state for the status match ... my AC status was sent in almost a month ago, and was approved subject to me taking a WestJet flight. I took two flights (to/from Vegas) last weekend (Nov 13/16), but my account does not reflect those flights yet.

I don't have a good sense for how long it takes flights to get processed and appear online ... I'm happy to keep waiting if it just takes time, but I was a little surprised that nothing has appeared yet; is there a rule of thumb about how long it takes?
So I was automatically enrolled in the status match, took my one flight with WS in early October (a return trip to LAS) and about a month later I had fresh seat selection vouchers and lounge passes appear in my account details.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Applied for my status match (from AC E35) this morning and received an email about 1/2 hour later saying I was approved! Now I just have to fly somewhere in the next couple of weeks!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:45 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by anorg90
I flew over the weekend YYZ-YUL to meet the requirement to match for next year. I did redeem Westjet dollars, since the email I got from the Status Match Rep only said that I had to "travel once between now and December 31st to have her Gold status activated for the 2016 year."

Will this trip count? She didn't specify that flights with Rewards dollars redeemed wasn't eligible, just that I had to travel...

Anyone? Darren?
Please send us a note with your full name, WestJet Rewards ID and reservation code, and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers!
Darren
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by radnub
Applied for my status match (from AC E35) this morning and received an email about 1/2 hour later saying I was approved! Now I just have to fly somewhere in the next couple of weeks!
Wait, AC E35 is matching to Gold?

AC E35 is $4.5k AQD which would be Silver. E50 is $6k AQD which is baseline Gold.

On this topic it would be nice to see WestJet add a tier or two above Gold. After $6k it's only an extra companion voucher at $10k, $15k, etc. where I would much rather have upgrades or annual lounge pass like AC offers with MLL.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Canuckmma

On this topic it would be nice to see WestJet add a tier or two above Gold. After $6k it's only an extra companion voucher at $10k, $15k, etc. where I would much rather have upgrades or annual lounge pass like AC offers with MLL.
I would disagree with you here. Upgrades would be nice, sure, but Plus is nothing special right now. Lounge passes easily covered by credit cards. The companion voucher for a free flight for your wife/spouse, etc. to anywhere Westjet flies has serious value. At least $1000-$1500 if you use it properly.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Wait, AC E35 is matching to Gold?

AC E35 is $4.5k AQD which would be Silver. E50 is $6k AQD which is baseline Gold.

They just introduced a program and it was based on the normal spend patterns for those flying within North America. AC's upper tiers (and the new spend requirements) were designed around those flying longhaul international routes where fares are many times higher than domestic/transborder. WS's program is tailored to a different clientele and makes sense for that market.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I would disagree with you here. Upgrades would be nice, sure, but Plus is nothing special right now. Lounge passes easily covered by credit cards. The companion voucher for a free flight for your wife/spouse, etc. to anywhere Westjet flies has serious value. At least $1000-$1500 if you use it properly.
Fair point. I suppose I was speaking anecdotally where I find I struggle to use all of my vouchers each year. Maybe I should just take more vacations... haha
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fair point. I suppose I was speaking anecdotally where I find I struggle to use all of my vouchers each year. Maybe I should just take more vacations... haha
Fair. I have heard this complaint from single people, and people with kids, where this voucher is tough to use. For a young couple with no kids, it really is a fantastic benefit. Keep in mind, as long as you book by expiry date, you are OK, so that can extend it by 9-11 months or whenever flights open. I generally use a voucher that expires in Feb, for travel the following December/January (10-11 months later).
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question why DUB lounge?

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Oh and they need a lounge in YOW!!!
I met the status match requirements last month. In preparation for my next WS flight, I looked more closely at the "benefits".

While Gold status was extended to Dec 31, 2016, the lounge passes are set to expire on Feb 29! I also discovered WS has a partner lounge in DUB! Why (only) DUB?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
While Gold status was extended to Dec 31, 2016, the lounge passes are set to expire on Feb 29! I also discovered WS has a partner lounge in DUB! Why (only) DUB?
Not "only" DUB, but "also" DUB. Priority Pass is the main partner that I am aware of, and the vouchers are good at most if not all of their lounges where WestJet flies. I've personally used the vouchers at YVR-YEG-YYC-YYZ and YWG without issue.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: MR Plat

While Gold status was extended to Dec 31, 2016, the lounge passes are set to expire on Feb 29!
Interesting...are you sure you aren't looking at your initial set of lounge passes?

I have 10 lounge passes from when I first got Gold (issued Nov-2014) that expires Feb 29, 2016. Then when I got my Gold extension, I got another 10 lounge passes (issued Nov-2015) that expires Dec 31, 2016.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: MR Plat

While Gold status was extended to Dec 31, 2016, the lounge passes are set to expire on Feb 29!
Interesting...are you sure you aren't looking at your initial set of lounge passes?

I have 10 lounge passes from when I first got Gold (issued Nov-2014) that expires Feb 29, 2016. Then when I got my Gold extension, I got another 10 lounge passes (issued Nov-2015) that expires Dec 31, 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.