Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latest WestJet Rewards offers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by WestJet
Only the "cash" portion of your base fare counts toward your eligible spend. As with all loyalty programs we know of, the redeemed portion doesn't hold any new value.

Cheers,
Darren
I was not expecting the $90 Westjet Dollars redeemed to count. My fare was $446 less $90 WS dollars redeemed, leaving $326 of the fare paid by credit card plus the taxes and fees of course.
I was told after the fact that none of the fare counts towards my annual eligible spend because I used WS$'s for a portion of the fare.

This is what I am trying to clear up. I was counting on the cash paid portion of my fare to count towards my annual eligible spend.

My flight has posted to my account showing $90 Westjet dollars redeemed and zero eligible spend and zero WS dollars earned on that flight. When I called in to inquire, I was told that if redeeming even $1 of WJ dollars on a fare, then the entire fare does not earn WJ dollars, nor does any of it count towards your annual eligible spend.

West is frequently sending me promo "limited time" Westjet dollars to use if I book a flight in the next 3 days. To know that by using these dollars I will never get to Gold Status is rather surprising.

If this is correct, then the only time to use my WJ dollars is when I have enough to pay for my entire fare. This is fine, but then annoying when they send me the promo dollars.

In this particular case, if this flight does not count towards eligible spend, then I will not make the target for Fastback to Gold, I will achieve only Silver.

The perk that is valuable to me is the Same Day No Change Fee as I never know which flight I am able to make after packing up after an event.

C
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by catarina
I was not expecting the $90 Westjet Dollars redeemed to count. My fare was $446 less $90 WS dollars redeemed, leaving $326 of the fare paid by credit card plus the taxes and fees of course.
I was told after the fact that none of the fare counts towards my annual eligible spend because I used WS$'s for a portion of the fare.

This is what I am trying to clear up. I was counting on the cash paid portion of my fare to count towards my annual eligible spend.

My flight has posted to my account showing $90 Westjet dollars redeemed and zero eligible spend and zero WS dollars earned on that flight. When I called in to inquire, I was told that if redeeming even $1 of WJ dollars on a fare, then the entire fare does not earn WJ dollars, nor does any of it count towards your annual eligible spend.

West is frequently sending me promo "limited time" Westjet dollars to use if I book a flight in the next 3 days. To know that by using these dollars I will never get to Gold Status is rather surprising.

If this is correct, then the only time to use my WJ dollars is when I have enough to pay for my entire fare. This is fine, but then annoying when they send me the promo dollars.

In this particular case, if this flight does not count towards eligible spend, then I will not make the target for Fastback to Gold, I will achieve only Silver.

The perk that is valuable to me is the Same Day No Change Fee as I never know which flight I am able to make after packing up after an event.

C
Have you flown the flight yet?

Previously, when I redeemed Westjet Dollars for a flight, the redemption transaction showed with the booking date like yours. It shows Westjet Dollars redeemed but no eligible spend and no Westjet Dollars earned.

However, once I actually completed the flight, then there was another transaction posting for each leg that shows the eligible spend (minus any Westjet Dollars) and the corresponding Westjet Dollars earned based on eligible spend.

The eligible spend was the cash portion of the fare (minus Westjet Dollars redeemed) and added to my spend total for the year.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Globex
Have you flown the flight yet?

Previously, when I redeemed Westjet Dollars for a flight, the redemption transaction showed with the booking date like yours. It shows Westjet Dollars redeemed but no eligible spend and no Westjet Dollars earned.

However, once I actually completed the flight, then there was another transaction posting for each leg that shows the eligible spend (minus any Westjet Dollars) and the corresponding Westjet Dollars earned based on eligible spend.

The eligible spend was the cash portion of the fare (minus Westjet Dollars redeemed) and added to my spend total for the year.
The flight was on December 9th. So perhaps it has not posted yet. However I did call Westjet yesterday and was told I would not receive credit for any of it.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
How long does it usually take for a transaction to post after completing a flight?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
How long does it usually take for a transaction to post after completing a flight?
Usually about 10 days.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: MR Plat
The flight was on December 9th. So perhaps it has not posted yet. However I did call Westjet yesterday and was told I would not receive credit for any of it.
For the transaction that's already posted for you for the redeemed Westjet Dollars without any eligible spend, was that posted before your flight? If so, then that's the best way to know that your actual flight hasn't posted yet.

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
In my experience, anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Usually about 10 days.
Originally Posted by Globex
In my experience, anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks
Thank you both for your answers ^
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:16 am
Company Representative: WestJet
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet Rewards

Exclusive for Teal members only.

Enjoy Silver flight benefits through December 2016 when you register for this promotion and spend a minimum of $700 qualifying flight spend on flights flown (or minimum 5 WestJet flights flown) between February 3 and April 3, 2016.*

Silver flight benefits include:
-First checked bag free
-Four airport lounge vouchers
-Four advance seat selection vouchers

Register and/ or find more details at: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/rewa...o-silver.shtml
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:44 pm
Company Representative: WestJet
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Fly and enjoy up to 80 bonus WestJet dollars.*

Fly and enjoy up to 80 bonus WestJet dollars.*

Travel on an eligible flight from (or through) Toronto or Halifax to Boston and earn 10 bonus WestJet dollars. Fly four times on eligible one-way flights and earn an additional bonus of 40 WestJet dollars for a total of 80 bonus WestJet dollars. What are you waiting for?

Here are the details:

Register and Book by: May 31, 2016 (11:59 p.m. MT)
Travel before: June 28, 2016
Eligible routes: Fly between Boston and Toronto or Halifax.

Number of one-way flights/ Bonus WestJet dollars earned

1 / 10 WestJet dollars
2 / 10 WestJet dollars
3 / 10 WestJet dollars
4 / 10 WestJet dollars + additional bonus of 40 WestJet dollars

Bonus after 4 one-way (or 2 round-trip) flights = 80 WestJet dollars

3 simple steps to receive your bonus:
1. Register below for the promotion with your WestJet Rewards ID. Not a member yet? Join for free.
2. Book eligible flights. Be sure to include your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID.
3. Travel and watch the WestJet dollars for a future getaway arrive in your account. Enjoy!

Details: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/rewa...tonbonus.shtml
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Avion coversion bonus

There is a 15% conversion bonus going on right now when you convert RBC Avion points to Westjet $$$. (Feb 6th to March 20th)

https://www.rbcrewards.com/convert-points.html

I think in previous years it was 20-25% so this is a little disappointing.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
RBC Rewards conversion bonus

Looks like times are getting tough, the conversion bonus this fall is only 10%.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Looks like times are getting tough, the conversion bonus this fall is only 10%.
I'd take that as times are going well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.