Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet 737-700 seat question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Westjet 737-700 seat question

According to SeatGuru the rows are misaligned though on the WestJet seat preview the seats are completely straight across. When I called to pre purchase seats the WestJet agent was very confident that the seats line up straight despite what SeatGuru says. I needed to purchase 6 seats in a row to be with my children and grandchildren. She convinced me that row 9 was a good choice and that there were no "less desirable" seats in this row. Anyone know if the rows are lined up on this particular air craft or if the agent sold me a bill of goods. Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Safti
According to SeatGuru the rows are misaligned though on the WestJet seat preview the seats are completely straight across. When I called to pre purchase seats the WestJet agent was very confident that the seats line up straight despite what SeatGuru says. I needed to purchase 6 seats in a row to be with my children and grandchildren. She convinced me that row 9 was a good choice and that there were no "less desirable" seats in this row. Anyone know if the rows are lined up on this particular air craft or if the agent sold me a bill of goods. Thanks
On the 700, they are misaligned, due to no Row 1ABC, though not drastically. Lots of families still sit in a row all across. It's on the 800 that they are aligned straight across due there being a Row 1ABC.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:47 am

When my family travels together, we have found it more convenient to sit in two rows on the same side, eg. 15DEF and 16DEF rather than in one row separated across the aisle. It avoids the misalignment issue, and we have found it easier to pass things behind/in front rather than across the aisle.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: Presto
...make sure 10DEF are not chosen on a 700, they don't recline and seemingly have a less pitch. I've had the pleasure to standby in 10E, solved a scheduling problem, but I'd never 'choose' to sit there.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Yes, I saw that on SeatGuru. We chose 9 ABCDEF for that reason. The agent convinced me to get 6 across instead of behind. Would you change this?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: Presto
IMHO it's a wash, they both meet your spec.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:41 am

HI Everyone, had one question we will be traveling on WestJet 737-800 and westjet 737-700 . We are planning to pay extra because one of us needs the aisle seat . And so since we are going to pay the extra which would be the better seats for window view and comfort . Is it better in the front or back ? One the 800 the 4ABC is available , didnt know if this was a good choice being that it looks like the first seat after the plus seats ? Any suggestions greatly appreciated . Thank you.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:21 am

Best seats for view and comfort 737-800

Originally Posted by Jono
When my family travels together, we have found it more convenient to sit in two rows on the same side, eg. 15DEF and 16DEF rather than in one row separated across the aisle. It avoids the misalignment issue, and we have found it easier to pass things behind/in front rather than across the aisle.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: Avis, Alamo
Originally Posted by sunflower13
HI Everyone, had one question we will be traveling on WestJet 737-800 and westjet 737-700 . We are planning to pay extra because one of us needs the aisle seat . And so since we are going to pay the extra which would be the better seats for window view and comfort . Is it better in the front or back ? One the 800 the 4ABC is available , didnt know if this was a good choice being that it looks like the first seat after the plus seats ? Any suggestions greatly appreciated . Thank you.
You need to know that Westjet are updating many of their 737-700/737-800 and changing the seat configuration, so we can't answer your question without knowing which version of the layout you will be using. See these threads for more details (the first one has copies of both seat maps for the 737-700) -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...737-700-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...ing-fleet.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.