Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WJ Gold Same day flight change question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thought I'd ask you guys a question. I'm flying to YYC from YWG through YXE next month. The flight departs Winnipeg at 1945, lands in Saskatoon at 20:16. Departs Saskatoon 20:55 and then lands in Calgary at 22:05.

I am a WJ Gold member. Is it possible to try and show up early at the airport to try and do a same-day no fee change to a direct flight going from YWG to YYC without connecting in YXE? Or would that not be an option for me since I'm currently booked on a non-direct flight?

Thanks everyone
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I don't know for sure, but reading the fine print, it states:

Same-day flight changes are defined as early and missed flight re-accommodation for the same origin and destination on the same day of travel. Re-accommodation to an earlier or later flight must be requested at the time of check-in (or at the airport within 2 hours of a missed flight) and is subject to availability.

Therefore, I would gather that you should be able to hop on an earlier direct flight since it has the same origin and destination.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Same origin and destination. Routing is irrelevant.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Question about my situation..

I'm flying YYT-YVR via YYZ. Is it possible to same day change my YYZ-YVR to a later flight so I get to spend more time in YYZ? ex. my YYZ departure is at 1pm and I want to change it to the 8pm (or 2pm if that connection is too long) flight.

Ron.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by newfbc
Question about my situation..

I'm flying YYT-YVR via YYZ. Is it possible to same day change my YYZ-YVR to a later flight so I get to spend more time in YYZ? ex. my YYZ departure is at 1pm and I want to change it to the 8pm (or 2pm if that connection is too long) flight.

Ron.
Yes, as long as you do it AT the YYZ airport, either before, or within 2 hours after 1pm. If you're lucky, an agent at YYT may be able to help you, but I have found inconsistencies on this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Yes, as long as you do it AT the YYZ airport, either before, or within 2 hours after 1pm. If you're lucky, an agent at YYT may be able to help you, but I have found inconsistencies on this.
I would guess having checked bags will be a problem if I don't make my 1pm flight. Getting it done in advance would make it easier.

Ron.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:08 pm

How does that benefit jive with checked luggage?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:28 pm

Sorry, I've never checked luggage when using this benefit so I do not know.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
If you confirm change at the airport to an earlier / later flight or do it over the phone (some agents will some won't), check luggage won't be an issue. It isn't like standby, you are actually given a confirmed seat.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:56 am

Well, the advice given was to ask for a flight change at the connecting airport. How does it work there, if you have checked luggage?

My experience with *A is hit and miss. Most agents don't have the time or do not want to go through the hassle of finding someone to find your luggage and retag/reroute it. Some do, and in so doing make my day.

Last edited by sokolov; Apr 10, 2017 at 11:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.