Community
Wiki Posts
Search

737-800 LR - Slimline (new) seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
737-800 LR - Slimline (new) seats

I recently sat in row 14 (the back exit row, that reclines) of a new interior 737-800. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the seat was. It was a 45 minute flight and my butt was sore. I have some long range flights over the next while that I have pre-paid in the exit row that I am now nervous about.

Do the exit row seats have less padding, or are they all the same?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:10 pm

The padding is in exit rows is a little less than the others, yes, due to the level of the bottom of the exit window frame. I believe this is the same no matter which company that you fly on that uses 737NG aircraft.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by YYCguy
The padding is in exit rows is a little less than the others, yes, due to the level of the bottom of the exit window frame. I believe this is the same no matter which company that you fly on that uses 737NG aircraft.
Thanks, Appreciate it. I have pre-selected some exit row seats on the 737-700 to new York, and Tobago (9 hours of flying), so maybe I will switch to a normal row, as I can not be sure if the plane will have the new or old seats.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:39 pm

I wish it were better news for you. I am sorry. Perhaps you can see if Plus is available to upgrade to?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Over the past two months I've had the new seats a couple of times and thought they were just fine, better than expected actually. That said, I've generally been sitting in Plus, not in an exit row.

I generally don't book exit row seats. Last time I flew in one was on an AC A321 traveling YYZ - YVR several few years ago, and it was among the most uncomfortable (least comfortable?) flights I've ever had. Haven't booked an exit row since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.