Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cost for plus seats in 24 hour window

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

cost for plus seats in 24 hour window

The 50$ fee to select a plus seat on long flights has been a nice option when getting your seats 24 hours in advance.

With the New configuration I understand this cost will be increasing

Does anyone know what he'll be for flights longer than two hours
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:37 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
The fee for upgrading will be between $15 and $177.
polyesther likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by WestJet
The fee for upgrading will be between $15 and $177.
That's quite a range so does that mean the fee dependent upon distance?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:53 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
You got it!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So from experiences of others, what are the normal expected costs? Would it be like:

YYC-YYZ $150
YVR-YUL $177
YOW-YYZ $25
YEG-YYC $15
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:26 pm

07/04 - YYZ to FLL 50 CAD for upgrade to plus - very much worth it in my view.
todd-r likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
When is the new fee schedule effective?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
When is the new fee schedule effective?
For check-in on flights from Sept 14th onwards: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/fare...es/index.shtml
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Actual: YYZ-YEG $50+HST ($6.50)

As it turned out might have well stuck with my exit row aisle seat since the middle seat of the Plus row was filled (2 of the 6 centre seats filled...of course one had to be mine). Tried to eat/drink $56.50 worth to salve the pain! (At least I didn't have to pay for the advance seat selection using one of my Gold vouchers.) IFE didn't seem to have the movies, just TV chsnnels. (Centre seat person's arm kept changing the channel or boosting the audio!) Also first time I've ever had such a bossy FA on any airline, in over 50 years of flying commercial...a real man hater, as she would make nasty comments about her ex-boyfriend and it reflected in her treatment of we males on the flight. Found this very unprofessional. Then she would not let me wait to use the front washroom in the door alcove, insisted I stay in the cabin area, then yelled at me for blocking the person in the aisle front row seat!! Must say, not impressed by this first WS experience in many years. Will see how the return goes next week.

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 1, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Presto
If a paid seat selection is made at time of booking (eg. exit row), is this amount credited if a plus seat is selected/paid at OLCI?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
Very timely NoahVail...I am flying tomorrow and had already paid Exit row charges of 30 bucks a ticket. I want to upgrade to Plus and I am told by the res line that my money there will be lost and I start again at $50 a seat. No I don't think so...I will keep my cash....
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:03 am

Actual recent upgrade offers:
YYZ-YWG $30+tax
YWG - LAS $50+tax
LAS - YWG US$35+tax
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by cruzcap
Very timely NoahVail...I am flying tomorrow and had already paid Exit row charges of 30 bucks a ticket. I want to upgrade to Plus and I am told by the res line that my money there will be lost and I start again at $50 a seat. No I don't think so...I will keep my cash....
Yeah, it's pretty lame, you'd think they'd at least credit Westjet dollars like they do for their price drop protection.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoahVail
Yeah, it's pretty lame, you'd think they'd at least credit Westjet dollars like they do for their price drop protection.
You mean I don't get $2.50 credit for the Plus upgrade purchase?! Lame. Think I'll credit my return flight to AA and forget the WS program benefits. (See my expanded post above.)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
You mean I don't get $2.50 credit for the Plus upgrade purchase?! Lame. Think I'll credit my return flight to AA and forget the WS program benefits. (See my expanded post above.)
Forget the program...as we've discussed in the past, 12C on a 737-700 still seems to trump current Plus on price/value with good leg-room and pre-boarding; however the new Plus adds the blocked middle to the mix which may work out well. Perhaps with the increase in Plus price and comfort, WS will also look at ways to end the food grab that seems to go on in current Plus (eg. let's see how many bags of Twizzlers we can fit in our pockets to take home). I'm sure some kind of boxed lunch style package with higher end food would be more economical and more enjoyable for the business pax than having the whole food cart shoved into the pockets of the current Plus pax before it gets past row 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.