Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet to Improve Premium Economy/Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet to Improve Premium Economy/Plus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by radnub
I noticed that after I got my cheese tray that there was a lot of garbage packaging piling up. In the future I hope WS can minimize the trash. I heard the FAs on one flight that the garbage was full already and we were sitting in row 2!
I totally understand. It does get overwhelming in such a small space! I wonder how one could minimize garbage....@:-)

[/QUOTE] only had wifi on one flight but it worked great! The IFE on the older plane I had from YYZ-YHZ was almost unwatchable as most channels had lots of fuzziness. I'll take $7.99 wifi over IFE any day![/QUOTE]

Thankfully, most of the 738s have the new IFEC now, and the rest of the fleet should be getting them over the next while!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by radnub
Had my first experience in the new Plus seats this week and it went pretty well. I do enjoy having the middle seat free (no table installed yet) and it's always nice to be the first few people off the plane. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to experience the 767 and when I booked that was the equipment scheduled but at check-in it was back to a 738. Interestingly my boyfriend and I were bumped back to row 7 but we were able to move back to Plus since we checked-in early enough. A couple of people who didn't check-in early and ended up in a regular seat were noticeably unhappy at the gate and on the plane (also didn't help that we were 3 hours delayed). The little fruit and dessert was a nice touch although I noticed that after I got my cheese tray that there was a lot of garbage packaging piling up. In the future I hope WS can minimize the trash. I heard the FAs on one flight that the garbage was full already and we were sitting in row 2!

I only had wifi on one flight but it worked great! The IFE on the older plane I had from YYZ-YHZ was almost unwatchable as most channels had lots of fuzziness. I'll take $7.99 wifi over IFE any day!
If you want to see a lot of garbage, try ordering the Tapas box.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Here's my thought... does introducing this Euro-style premium section make WS a stronger contender for joining one of the alliances *cough*Oneworld*cough*?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Here's my thought... does introducing this Euro-style premium section make WS a stronger contender for joining one of the alliances *cough*Oneworld*cough*?
It's only a matter of time. I think you will eventually see some of their 737's get a true business product within a few years.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Sep 29, 2015 at 6:57 pm
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Mmmm, but the Tapas box (contents, not the box itself) is delish!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Mmmm, but the Tapas box (contents, not the box itself) is delish!
The tapas box caught my eye too when I was thinking about the garbage issue. I've never had that because I enjoy the cheese tray so (too) much!

Originally Posted by YYCguy
I totally understand. It does get overwhelming in such a small space! I wonder how one could minimize garbage....@:-)
I notice the boxes get recycled (yay) but do the plastic containers/wrappings get recycled too? If that's the case I feel better about it. I suppose too that most trash is collected in the Plus rows and then the quantity lowers after that anyway as some people skip having anything.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:41 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
From personal experience in-flight, I can confirm tapas box is the greatest! A true delight!

Tapas boxes that aren't picked up by guests seated in Plus can be purchased by other guests as part of the Buy-On-Board program. (Same goes for snack boxes, which are also rather tasty.)

Cheers,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.