Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any YYT-DUB, YHZ-GLA reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Any YYT-DUB, YHZ-GLA reviews?

I am very curious as to Westjet's transatlantic services, there hasn't been a single review on the internet so far that I could find. Can anyone help?

Glasgow starts next month, so the reviews would have been for Dublin that's gone year-round service.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
One of my team is from Ireland and they flew WestJet back home at Christmas this past year. Her feedback was that the flight overall was good; good service, comfortable enough, etc. The big negative was the stop and go in YYT, where a direct on a widebody would be preferred.

We'll have to wait until at least next year before I'd suspect we start seeing TATL widebody service though.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Flew YOW-YYT-DUB last August. There was a 7 hr layover in YYT on the way there, which was good. It gave me time have dinner in downtown St Johns and see the city a little bit.(Never been to the east coast before) Arrival into DUB is early morning, which is good for catching a connecting flight. I took a side trip DUB-NCE on Ryan air.

As for the flight experience itself, no different then any other WestJet flight I've been on.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Flew YOW-YYT-DUB last August. There was a 7 hr layover in YYT on the way there, which was good. It gave me time have dinner in downtown St Johns and see the city a little bit.(Never been to the east coast before) Arrival into DUB is early morning, which is good for catching a connecting flight. I took a side trip DUB-NCE on Ryan air.

As for the flight experience itself, no different then any other WestJet flight I've been on.
Cheers for this. Are the meals still BOB or complimentary like the other transatlantic carriers?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:13 am

I did YHZ - DUB last summer. It was, as a previous poster said, just like any other Westjet flight, except with some fatigue and jet lag, as sleeping in a regular seat wasn't easy. I can't recall any free food. Arrival in Dublin was early in the morning, so we found a place for breakfast, and then hopped on a bus for Galway. From the Maritimes, it's a good trip. From far west, I think I'd look at Icelandair instead.

In fact, as we actually live in the west, we came back through Reykjavik, which was similar in price, similar in service, but gave us a chance to see a bit of Iceland with their free stopover. The flight from Reykjavik to Edmonton was a mere 6 hours and I had a chance to watch Icelandic cinema on the way.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by GLAinYYZ
Cheers for this. Are the meals still BOB or complimentary like the other transatlantic carriers?
There might of been some complimentary food on the inaugural flight, but nothing special on mine. Except the Dublin logo on the side on the door when entering the aircraft. No Guinness either....just a regular WestJet flight.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reviews everybody. How were the meals? I can't imagine the Westjet cold salads & sandwiches being enough for a flight like that.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
.... being enough for a flight like that.
DUB-YYT is the same distance as YYZ-YVR
GLA-YHZ is shorter than YVR-Hawaii
Old May 4, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
DUB-YYT is the same distance as YYZ-YVR
GLA-YHZ is shorter than YVR-Hawaii
Now that puts into perspective ^
Old May 5, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Those flight stages are short (for a 737). FJ still flies 737s between NAN and HNL and used to continue on to YVR (must have been the longest scheduled 737 flight).
Old May 6, 2015, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Those flight stages are short (for a 737). FJ still flies 737s between NAN and HNL and used to continue on to YVR (must have been the longest scheduled 737 flight).
Wow. This is almost as bad as GOL's flight to Brazil from Miami.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:13 pm

PR flies MNL-DRW-BNE with a 320.

Last edited by tracon; May 7, 2015 at 8:25 am
Old May 6, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
PR flies MNL-DAR-BNE with a 320.
MNL-DAR-BNE would be an impressive flight. You do men DRW?

Less than 2,000 miles per stage at any length.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I'm really hoping for a Fiji or Bora Bora flight to be added to Westjet's world, and if it had to have a stop in HNL, that wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:23 am

I did hear a rumour of Tonga.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.