Wiki Posts
Search

Any YYT-DUB, YHZ-GLA reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:54 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by tracon
Thanks for admitting one of your flights broke down.
However the 6:06 is shorter than some of the YVR-Hawaii flights when headwinds are strong.

Speaking of IROPS, Monday afternoon WS operated PDX-YVR. When I entered the registration in flightradar24, C-FIWS, nothing comes up.
I think the flight number was 4???. Nothing on flightaware either.
Any ideas?
Fisch is correct; there was no equipment failure (although it does happen from time to time - that happens when safety is the number priority!). Weather in St. John's wasn't looking good so we cancelled the YYZ-YYT flight and took all Toronto-originating, Dublin-bound guests on a non-stop flight to Emerald Isle. St. John's-bound guests were accommodated onto other flights to their destination.

In fact, speaking of mechanicals, tail 001 flew PDX-YVR on Monday, June 8, because WS1777 SFO-YVR needed some attention and diverted to Portland. Tail 810 was flown in from Calgary and brought the guests to Vancouver on IROP recovery flight WS8977. Once back in tip-top shape, the original aircraft was positioned back to Vancouver as WS8976.

Cheers,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.