Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using Westjet Canadian Jet-Away and only companion doing last leg of flight

Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

New here so sorry if this has been addressed before. My partner has a WestJet Companion Jet-Away to use up and we are trying to figure out what would happen if he didn't complete the final leg of travel with me. As an example, we'd be flying from Vancouver to Toronto with a layover in Calgary. On the way back, with another layover in Calgary, he would stay in Calgary (for work) and I would take the final leg of the trip from Calgary to Vancouver by myself. Is this an option? Will I get booted off the plane if he doesn't show up for the flight? And is it better if he tells them when he gets to Calgary that he is not doing the final leg or should he just not show up at the gate (we'd make sure he had no checked bags obviously). When I asked the call centre, they just kept repeating that we needed to have the exact same itinerary with no further details so that didn't really clear things up for me. Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Once you are on the plane, you have seperate tickets, etc. There a number of reasons he could miss his flight (medical, etc) so I am sure you will be fine.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:00 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hello Jennaw,
Good thing you asked this question.

If you do not show up for the first flight on your booking, or fail to show up for another flight on a multi-segment booking, all remaining flights are cancelled, and the fare, fees, charges, surcharges and taxes will not be refunded or made available for reservations.

It is a requirement of using the getaway voucher that the member and the companion book and travel on the exact same itinerary.

Sorry!
Darren
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: WS Platinum 18K so far this year
But practically (in this scenario) travel will have been completed before that takes effect. (He's unlikely to be offloaded from the final leg if the other passenger doesn't board).
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:44 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
On the outbound flight this wouldn't work, but on the return flight it's not a problem. The travel companion would need to buy a new ticket for the final leg, though.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: WS Platinum 18K so far this year
Originally Posted by WestJet
On the outbound flight this wouldn't work, but on the return flight it's not a problem. The travel companion would need to buy a new ticket for the final leg, though.
Do you actually expect that FAs would know which tickets are linked to others (using a companion pass) such that the individual on the pass would be "off loaded"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.