Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Status and Plus Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would say this hasn't improved at all. I have probably done 15 WJ flights in last 2 months and have not once been offered an upgrade to Plus (I am Gold). I do, however, very frequently see WJ employees (not working) in the Plus section.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
I agree with my fellow Canuck, I haven't heard or seen this offered since the last time I approached a gate agent about it. I just gave up on it ever happening. I wish WestJet would develop and post on their website a solid detailed FF plan, and then train their fellow WestJetters on it...
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:55 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Thanks for your notes, folks.

With Plus becoming increasingly popular, there are these days fewer and fewer seats to provide complimentary upgrades to.

By and large, for now, we are sticking to the published promise, which does not provide fro complimentary upgrades.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
While I would still love to see a more formal process in place, I must say I was very happy to have myself and my two kids bumped up into Plus last week flying to YYZ. My kids thought it was the greatest thing ever (free snacks!).

So a thanks the the GA who called us up and gave us the new boarding passes and to the flight crew of WS506 YXE-YYZ for a great experience.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Received a comp Plus seat YEG-YYZ a couple of weeks ago. My friend was flying WS to YVR on a mid-morning flight to YVR so I went out to the airport with her, hoping to do a free same day change from my 4:30ish flight. Agent offered me a seat on an earlier flight which I took. When he handed me the new bording pass I saw the seat was 3D. I extra thanked him. (I had bought a Plus upgrade when checking in for the outbound a week earlier but wasn't planning to purchase one this time as exit row/aisle seats were available on all the flights that morning.) However, in both cases the centre seats were occupied at the last minute by opups (though there were still open middle seats in rows 1 and 2). On both flights, the passengers next to me were unfamiliar with the comp snacks/alcoholic drinks offered in Plus.

Will see how it goes on any future flights after mid-September when the new Plus starts up. Particularly what the LMU pricing is....suspect more than $50 between YYZ and YEG.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying Flt 231, Halifax to Calgary tonight and the gate agent says "they don't do this [upgrades to Plus seats for Gold members if available at gate]. Maybe it's a Fort Mac thing."

I was taken aback considering I have never been to Fort Mac haha. Would be nice to see consistency in this in all areas Westjet flies to, or at least them offering a complimentary upgrade if there are plus seats available (which I know for this flight there are 4 aisle and windows available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.