Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
WestJet "enhances" boarding policy

I can see all kinds of problems with this one:

April 1 Alert: WestJet announces SmartSeats
Airline introduces new boarding concept
CALGARY, April 1, 2015 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced SmartSeats, a new concept in boarding its aircraft that could change the way people fly.
The SmartSeats concept is simple; the seats in the lounge are the seats on the aircraft. Guests ride the SmartSeats directly between the boarding lounge and the plane. The SmartSeats project team created a brief video now available on WestJet's YouTube channel and Facebook page to assist in explaining the concept.
"WestJet has long been considered an innovator in improving the guest experience," said Richard Bartrem, WestJet Vice-President, Communications and Community Relations. "Prior to arriving at the boarding lounge, our guests have already lined up to check in, to get through security, to grab a cup of coffee and to buy a book or a magazine for the flight. We understand the small inconveniences associated with flying and we are always trying to make improvements. SmartSeats are the next step in a constant evolution toward a seamless boarding process."
Video here.

Mike
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
This is definitely one of their best videos for April Fool's Day. Last year's Metric Time was also pretty funny.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Scott218
This is definitely one of their best videos for April Fool's Day. Last year's Metric Time was also pretty funny.
I happen to know somebody who fell for the metric time one last year. No names will be mentioned.

Mike
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:26 pm

Hehe, AC needs those chairs for those Superelites who sit in the lounge way too long and make everyone else wait for them. Ahem, us regular elites will never make anyone wait.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Classic! I love these videos ... this one is awesome!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:11 am

Kargo Kids was the best idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.