Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Office in the arctic

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Office in the arctic

I recently booked a westjet rewards flight, and the portion I had to pay showed up on my credit card statement as "WestJet Hall Beach," Hall Beach being a small native community in Nunavut. Does WestJet really do business from there?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I bought a revenue ticket a couple of days ago and my credit card statement refers to WESTJET CAMBRIDGE BAY. Somehow I doubt that there's a Westjet office up there. Must be some sort of accounting code based on that much beloved Westjet sense of humor.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:41 am

With the Sabre reservations system when a monetary transaction is done it creates a Sales Agent Report (SAR). Even the automated methods have to open a report if it involves any kind of credit card transaction ie kiosks online etc. The SARS are linked to a city. Usually the ones that the agent or kiosk is in. What airlines will do sometimes is have the kiosk or online server have their reporting city in a remote location that they will never fly to so that it is separate from the agent's SARS and that the stations don't have to close out manually. I would assume the SARS for the automated methods just close out automatically as there is no reason to audit them. Not sure if that is still the case now but that's how it worked when I was on Sabre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.