Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Multiple destination booking option gone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple destination booking option gone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thumbs down Multiple destination booking option gone

Was there last night but gone today. Pops up briefly when you go to the home page but then disappears when the page renders fully.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:46 pm

Sniffing around their website, it looks like there is a bit of code that says:

Code:
if ($J("#lite-tdp-swap-maint").hasClass("down") && !maintenance){
  $J("#multi-city-link").remove();
}
Without looking too far into it, it looks like they can take that option down for some reason. If I were to guess, it'll be back. Otherwise, I'm sure they'd just remove the option entirely rather than displaying it then removing it after the page renders.

If you want to book now, you can go to http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/flig...l?direction=MC as it seems to still work.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by xero9
Sniffing around their website, it looks like there is a bit of code that says:

Code:
if ($J("#lite-tdp-swap-maint").hasClass("down") && !maintenance){
  $J("#multi-city-link").remove();
}
Without looking too far into it, it looks like they can take that option down for some reason. If I were to guess, it'll be back. Otherwise, I'm sure they'd just remove the option entirely rather than displaying it then removing it after the page renders.

If you want to book now, you can go to http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/flig...l?direction=MC as it seems to still work.
The "lite-site" that is used during maintenance and provides a more limited functionality was in place for about an hour and a half this afternoon.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:28 pm

I found their multicity option annoying. It doesn't give you prices just the option to choose one of the flights . You don't know the price till you get to the end and even then you don't know if it was the cheapest flight. Another thing is you can't choose the fare category either....flex, econo, or plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.