Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

New(ish) to Westjet. Question about fare classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

So I used WestJet to go to Las Vegas, but that's the extent of my experience with them. I'll go to almost any lengths to not fly Air Canada Rouge, so the next convenience option is WestJet.

Looking at going to Orlando, and presently the two direct flights between YYZ and MCO are showing nothing under 'Econo' and 'Flex' is starting at $391. In anyones experience, is there a chance there may be Econo fares that will open up at some point, or if there is nothing listed now, there won't be at all?

More curious to know if I should continue to check or not.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: Presto
...it's likely as you describe (maybe Darren can give the definitive answer). My suggestion is to use Google Flights, enter your desired dates, click the 'bar graph' icon under your dates to see the lowest price availability calendar going forward. Note that the current calendar now shows 'Reading Week' and 'March Break' in grey (higher fares) and 'green' (lowest fares) for dates outside that range. I'm guessing your desired dates are in the grey zone...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:34 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hi Xero9,

Unfortunately it's too hard to tell what will happen to fares in the future. They're tied to a factor that we can't control or easily predict: demand.

If demand goes up, fares will be sold at higher price points. And if demand goes goes, it's possible that lower fares will open up.

To take out some of the risk, we started one of the industry's most comprehensive fare promises - the WestJet Price Drop Guarantee. Check it out: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/pric...uarantee.shtml.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WestJet
Hi Xero9,

Unfortunately it's too hard to tell what will happen to fares in the future. They're tied to a factor that we can't control or easily predict: demand.

If demand goes up, fares will be sold at higher price points. And if demand goes goes, it's possible that lower fares will open up.

To take out some of the risk, we started one of the industry's most comprehensive fare promises - the WestJet Price Drop Guarantee. Check it out: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/pric...uarantee.shtml.

Cheers,
Darren
Thanks for the responses guys. I have already gone ahead and purchased the flight. So far the price has only gone up, haha. Guess I might not be able to claim any price drops :P

Darren, on a side note (and I thought about making a separate topic for this), but are there any updates on the new IFE system? There was a blog post on westjet.com almost a year ago, but haven't heard any news since.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by xero9
Thanks for the responses guys. I have already gone ahead and purchased the flight. So far the price has only gone up, haha. Guess I might not be able to claim any price drops :P

Darren, on a side note (and I thought about making a separate topic for this), but are there any updates on the new IFE system? There was a blog post on westjet.com almost a year ago, but haven't heard any news since.

This is a response Darren made in another thread

Just a note about our old entertainment system of LiveTV. It's actually being phased out and a Wi-Fi-based system is being rolled out in its place. It's on two aircraft already but won't be live for a few weeks yet while we wait on Transport Canada approval. Watch this space! Or this space: http://blog.westjet.com/new-inflight...fi-on-westjet/.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
This is a response Darren made in another thread

Just a note about our old entertainment system of LiveTV. It's actually being phased out and a Wi-Fi-based system is being rolled out in its place. It's on two aircraft already but won't be live for a few weeks yet while we wait on Transport Canada approval. Watch this space! Or this space: http://blog.westjet.com/new-inflight...fi-on-westjet/.
Thanks Ace!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.