Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
One day turnaround for me. Submitted the email yesterday at 4:30; status was updated to gold this afternoon. Booking for two flights early next year, both of which would have gone to AC despite a connection - now going direct on WS.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
WestJet: I have not yet printed a lounge pass using my new gold benefits, but I believe the passes are in my name only. However, if my wife accompanies me on the same itinerary can I print out two and use one of the passes to guest her into a WS lounge? Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
One day turnaround for me. Submitted the email yesterday at 4:30; status was updated to gold this afternoon. Booking for two flights early next year, both of which would have gone to AC despite a connection - now going direct on WS.
Still waiting at 25 days post-submission for me...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:07 pm

Hello - I expect to be receiving AC Prestige 25k status in the new year after reaching 25,000 qualifying miles by the end of December. However, AC has stated I will not officially receive the status until March 1, 2015. Is there anyone I can still status match with WestJet Gold by providing some other documentation prior to the Jan 31 deadline (list of flights flown, screenshot of AC Altitude dashboard, etc.)??
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
bjywong: in early January (if it has not already happened) once you make status, AC will likely immediately recognize it by having "P25K" or something like that printed on your boarding pass. The minute you see that printed on your BP, just send a scanned copy of the BP to WS and they will recognize you for gold. I think you have until the end of January for WS status matches.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
bjywong: in early January (if it has not already happened) once you make status, AC will likely immediately recognize it by having "P25K" or something like that printed on your boarding pass. The minute you see that printed on your BP, just send a scanned copy of the BP to WS and they will recognize you for gold. I think you have until the end of January for WS status matches.
Thanks for the insight. The issue with that is that I would actually need to fly AC in January to have this printed on my boarding pass.

I had contacted the Air Canada rep on FT and he said I needed to wait until March 1 for the status to take effect. I guess we shall see what happens come January 1.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
It has been more than 30 days since submitting for status match and I'm still teal (despite a private message to Westjet company representative here just over a week ago, at his request).

I'm still waiting to see this "customer focused experience" I keep hearing about from WS flyers. So far, I'm not impressed.

I've sent another message sent to the statusmatch email address today....
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC MM, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Sent in my request at around 3pm this afternoon, got confirmation of Gold status 4 hours later.

Westjet, I like the way we are starting this relationship!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:44 am

Resubmitted this morning (after an initial submission 32 days ago, and an unanswered email yesterday) with duplicate supporting doumentation, and was "gold" when I checked 5 hours later (finally).
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
WestJet: I have not yet printed a lounge pass using my new gold benefits, but I believe the passes are in my name only. However, if my wife accompanies me on the same itinerary can I print out two and use one of the passes to guest her into a WS lounge? Thanks.
My understanding is yes.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC*A, WS Gold
Submitted my request this morning and was Gold within 90 minutes. This couldn't have come at a better time for me as my 2014 travel was almost non-existent so I'll be losing all of my status on *A.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:39 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by Sopwith
My understanding is yes.
Hey Sopwith,
The vouchers can only be used the member themselves, not a guest (even if the guest is flying with you).

Cheers,
Darren
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:24 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by pmnut
Hi Darren, can you answer a question? I'm thinking about making a higher priced purchase (Flex or Plus) to get me to the $1500-by-Jan-31 level and Gold status (will be great for 2015!). Does getting to Gold by Fast Track award me the companion flight ticket to anywhere WestJet flies, like the 'normal' level benefit does? Also, I was just a bit short of the Silver level anyways - at the very least I should still be awarded the companion flight to anywhere in Canada, correct?
Just wanted to send a follow up because we realized that we provided inaccurate info in our original answer. With the Fast Track offer, you would not receive the companion flight voucher or the increased WestJet dollar earn rate. The Fast Track offer includes just the Gold flight benefits.

Milestone awards and higher earn rates are only awarded after an individual’s spend during their qualifying year reaches one of the spend milestones (i.e. $4,000, $6,000, $10,000, etc). So, as soon as you reach the $4,000 mark, you would receive the $4,000 milestone award of a domestic companion flight and your earn rate on WestJet flights would increase to 5% back.

Cheers,
Greg
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet
Hey Sopwith,
The vouchers can only be used the member themselves, not a guest (even if the guest is flying with you).

Cheers,
Darren
Mrs. Sopwith is NOT happy! She wants to know what Westjet has against her?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by WestJet
Hey Sopwith,

Cheers,
Darren
Hey, Darren...I just looked at the voucher. The fine print at the bottom says, "Valid for one entry for member only. Non-transferable; an additional voucher may be used for a guest/companion only when travelling with member."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.