Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

The door is open - will Westjet jump at the chance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The door is open - will Westjet jump at the chance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Are there any actual WS members on this thread? Seems to be mostly disgruntled AC frequent fliers.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by MrMacko
Also very interested to see if Westjet can capitalize. I know I and my 2-4 weekly flights are open for the first time ever to suggestion...

This is literally the first time I have ever opened the Westjet forum to my recollection!
+1

In 2014 I will have gone from zero status on AC to SE100K - all on segments. Of the 95+ segments, at least 80 have been domestic.

My travel will change slightly next year, with 6 TATL flights in Q1. With 93 eups on the table expiring Feb 2015 ... do I do those flights on AC and hope for the upgrade? Or do I move to BA and upgrade on Avios.

If Westjet joins an alliance with AA or BA I'm in.

No more negotiating, cajoling, explaining or otherwise convincing my employer why I need to fly AC rather than Westjet.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lostinthewash
+1

In 2014 I will have gone from zero status on AC to SE100K - all on segments. Of the 95+ segments, at least 80 have been domestic.

My travel will change slightly next year, with 6 TATL flights in Q1. With 93 eups on the table expiring Feb 2015 ... do I do those flights on AC and hope for the upgrade? Or do I move to BA and upgrade on Avios.

If Westjet joins an alliance with AA or BA I'm in.

No more negotiating, cajoling, explaining or otherwise convincing my employer why I need to fly AC rather than Westjet.
Yeah, this forum appears dead. Is anyone actually jumping over? One nice thing is WJ Plus is around Flex. So one could just fork over for WJ plus until one hits status, and then drop to a normal fare. If there's a seat in Plus and you don't have a plus ticket, then you pay $50 to sit up front (I think). That's less than my meal allowance a day, so expensed. Anyways, that's where my head's at...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:55 pm
Original Member

There will be something to interest some of you on 29OCT
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fisch
WestJet to join OW ?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite
Is there an official Westjet Flyertalk representative? If so, I have some questions about their plans for their frequent flyer program.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by roadracer
Are there any actual WS members on this thread? Seems to be mostly disgruntled AC frequent fliers.
True. I am rarely in the WS forum, but I am noticing increasing traffic here. Just wait until they join OW, have full business class and a full-fledged FF program across that alliance.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Prewrappedbacon
Is there an official Westjet Flyertalk representative? If so, I have some questions about their plans for their frequent flyer program.
Yes, they do check in to this board every now and again and are quite helpful and respond to FT posters. They are simply called WestJet, I believe.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Fisch
That is the same date as their new program rolls out. But announcements pertaining to that have already happened.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Yes, they do check in to this board every now and again and are quite helpful and respond to FT posters. They are simply called WestJet, I believe.
Yes, I found them on another thread. Also managed to chat for a bit with a WJ rep on Facebook.

Did not find out much new information, besides that they have no such thing as a status match. Oh well, won't take long to spend my way up to WJ Gold.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by lostinthewash
Hmmmm. I don't think I would leave that many eups expire. Heartbreaking. I would run 'em out on AC and hope for an upgrade. In most cases, as an SE you will get the upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Hmmmm. I don't think I would leave that many eups expire. Heartbreaking. I would run 'em out on AC and hope for an upgrade. In most cases, as an SE you will get the upgrade.
Burn the eups. once you hit 50K, or 100K (which i'll never hit), spend with WJ, then get status on both. Anyone else have a better idea as i'd really like to hear it. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by airbus320
WestJet to join OW ?
That'd be the day hands down I would say Shark Tank / Dragons Den style "OK AC, I'm out."
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC S100K
If there's one thing WestJet could do to my liking it would be to block the middle seat next to FF on any undersold flights.

The lack of a J cabin is, obviously, a weakness of WestJet's program. But the hope of a little extra shoulder room would make a real difference.

Regardless, WestJets goona get at least a few flights from me this year.

I'm actually looking forward to it.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
If there's one thing WestJet could do to my liking it would be to block the middle seat next to FF on any undersold flights.

The lack of a J cabin is, obviously, a weakness of WestJet's program. But the hope of a little extra shoulder room would make a real difference.

Regardless, WestJets goona get at least a few flights from me this year.

I'm actually looking forward to it.
+1. Same here. Boarding is a big thing for me. SE100K's will out do us 75K's in zonal boarding. Hence why i'm thinking of WJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.