Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: Presto
Worked for me. ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Just realized I never posted back here to close the loop, but my claim was indeed successful and WestJet paid out the credit to my Rewards account approximately 28 days after the completion of my travel.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:44 pm

Hi all, My first post here. I have recently gotten myself the Westjet RBC World Elite Mastercard and have a couple of questions about how the price drop guarantee works with companion ticket?

The T&C say that the screenshot must be for the exact same number of passengers, showing the fare for all. The question I have are:
1. The companion flight price is going to be $99 on the booked ticket. In this case is it okay to capture the screenshot with rest of the travelers excluding the companion ticket holder?
2. I guess I know the answer already, but, if in future the price of the full price ticket drops by more than $25 then does Westjet refund WJ$ for companion flight as well?
It would be great to get a response from someone who has had experience with such a situation or from official Westjet account.

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:37 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by 6thprime
1. The companion flight price is going to be $99 on the booked ticket. In this case is it okay to capture the screenshot with rest of the travelers excluding the companion ticket holder?
2. I guess I know the answer already, but, if in future the price of the full price ticket drops by more than $25 then does Westjet refund WJ$ for companion flight as well?

Thanks!
Hello!

You only need to grab the screenshot for the number of people who paid the full price.

Only the full-price ticket holder will receive the Westjet dollars in the event of a price drop.

Feel free to send us any further questions you have about the card or its perks.

Thanks,
Darren
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet
Hello!

You only need to grab the screenshot for the number of people who paid the full price.

Only the full-price ticket holder will receive the Westjet dollars in the event of a price drop.

Feel free to send us any further questions you have about the card or its perks.

Thanks,
Darren
Thanks for the reply!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I just found a lower price for an upcoming trip using today's promo code. I've submitted my request for the lower price guarantee. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Edit: Hopefully the promo code wasn't an April Fool's joke.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:39 am

Price guarantee only applies if the BASE fare drops. If there are sales involving a promo code then the price guarantee does not apply. The way it was advertised if the price dropped more than $25 one could get that in a credit. I did not read the fine print and got denied on a price drop using a promo code. For the lowest price continue to keep an eye out on sales or blue tag Thursday as there are loop-holes in the price guarantee.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:32 am

Going forward I don't see Westjet lowering the base fare that often. Instead they will offer promo codes where the price guarantee does not apply.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Is it possible to make a price drop guarantee claim, get the difference credited to your WestJet Rewards account, but credit the miles flown to AA?
Old May 8, 2015, 9:51 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Is it possible to make a price drop guarantee claim, get the difference credited to your WestJet Rewards account, but credit the miles flown to AA?
Sorry, sofasurfer, the only currency that the price drop guarantee uses is WestJet dollars.

Cheers,
Darren
Old May 19, 2015, 8:29 am

For those keeping track, my price drop request was recently received, but it did take 6 weeks after the flight date to show up in my account.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Presto
'Price Drop' refund received 21 days after completing flight meeting the advertised time-frame. Thanks.^
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by flyer206
Price guarantee only applies if the BASE fare drops. If there are sales involving a promo code then the price guarantee does not apply......I did not read the fine print and got denied on a price drop using a promo code....
Full Terms and Conditions say that:
Price reductions as a result of a promo code or other discount, including contracted and bulk discounts, are not eligible for Price Drop Guarantee claims, unless otherwise stated. Exceptions apply to exclusive WestJet Rewards promo codes that begin with “REW.”

Checked today using Promo code REW07 and associated Coupon code
(Web coupon no.) F8Y7IGP. Noticed that the base fare is $63 lower than what I paid without using the promo code, but almost $100 lower than shown with the promo code.

I have 24 hours to file a claim...thinking that I should file a claim first for the lower fare without the promo, and then another claim with the promo. That way, if I have misunderstood the terms, at less the lesser difference should be approved?

Thoughts?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:19 pm

Beware

So I just received a successful wj price drop email. But beware. They credit each travellers wj account (so my 5 year old will have wj dollars even though I paid for the flight) and the $ expire 6 months after they issue them. We only fly once a year as a family and therefore the "refund" will be useless for us.

So I give wj and 'A' for effort but a 'F' for execution. It is listed way down in the terms but in my opinion wj appears to not be completely upfront about the expiry terms. It is not a full guarantee unless you book another flight within 6 months of receiving the wj $.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by JustFlyingBy
So I just received a successful wj price drop email. But beware. They credit each travellers wj account (so my 5 year old will have wj dollars even though I paid for the flight) and the $ expire 6 months after they issue them. We only fly once a year as a family and therefore the "refund" will be useless for us.

So I give wj and 'A' for effort but a 'F' for execution. It is listed way down in the terms but in my opinion wj appears to not be completely upfront about the expiry terms. It is not a full guarantee unless you book another flight within 6 months of receiving the wj $.
In theory you would have 18 months to use them. ( 6months to book and up to a year after that to travel) But they would score points if customers if they changed it to a year to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.