Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:05 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by mevl
I filed a claim 3 weeks ago - received acknowledgement but no $$ yet.
You'll receive your WestJet dollars after you've flown.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, Alaska Airlines
Why did CorSter get an approval email, but I didn't?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:20 am

Why did CorSter get an approval email, but I didn't?
Sorry about the misunderstanding, Mevl. I thought you said you received a confirmation email. Please send us a private message with details and we'll look into this for you.

~Darren
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:36 am

Just completed the round trip that I had claimed the price drop guarantee on.

Will report back if/when the credit shows up in my WestJet account.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
I'm the OP, and I still haven't got my PDG yet, after finishing my trip more than a month..

Probably my original request was lost in the process somehow. So just submitted another request. At least this time I got an automatic generated email to acknowledge the receipt of the request. It's a little bit frustrating..
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:33 pm

Submitted my price match 1.5wks ago and since then the price dropped again. Submitted it with the new price last week and was told my wife and I will get wj dollars in our account after we complete our flights. Great service!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Got my credit finally... It seems the first request went amiss somehow... Okay, it works..
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:45 pm

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real??

It works. Timely response and it makes booking much easier. Cost of timing error lowered
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:59 pm

Just short of a month now since my flights and still haven't received the credit for my "approved" request.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:24 pm

I think this guarantee is only for the persistent. I've still to receive any confirmation even though Darren promised that they would look into it. Please let us know CorSter if you ever see the $$
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by CorSter
Just short of a month now since my flights and still haven't received the credit for my "approved" request.
I think this guarantee is only for the persistent. I've still to receive any confirmation even though Darren promised that they would look into it. Please let us know CorSter if you ever see the $$
We're replying to all requests within three weeks. When did you each submit your requests?

Cheers,
Darren
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:56 pm

Apology
I did receive a response from Westjet on Dec 12 - the day after I pm'd Darren. GMail put it into a Spam folder and I just found it now. I'm sorry I gave the wrong info below. This email said "Congratulations! You have met all requirements on your Price Drop Guarantee claim. The amount of $58.00 WestJet dollars will be deposited into each of your accounts within 30 days after all flights on the booking have been completed, as long as there are no further changes or cancellations made to the existing booking."

Thank-you Westjet and Darren!!
MEVL

I submitted my request to Westjet -'[email protected]' on October 28 requesting $57.13 x2 tickets. At his request I gave Darren the same information via PM on Dec 11 and was told that he'd have a member of the team look into it. I have not received any response yet.

Originally Posted by WestJet
We're replying to all requests within three weeks. When did you each submit your requests?

Cheers,
Darren

Last edited by mevl; Dec 29, 2014 at 11:38 am Reason: I was wrong
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: WJ Gold >10k; Hertz Presidents Circle; NEXUS
Cabo Trip - Price Reduced

This worked great for us. You have to ensure you watch for fare drops though. Called in, didn't email and for 3 of us we got $375 dollars back on WestJet dollars. Don't mind it sitting in WestJet dollars however I can see some people being frustrated about it. Regardless if the fare goes down and you catch it, just call.

Fantastic program!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Didn't see it in the terms and conditions, but just wanted to check, there's no limit to how many times you can do this before your flight, right?

If there are multiple drops and you happen to catch each one, can you submit a request for the updated lowest price? Or is it 1 request per purchase?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Globex
Didn't see it in the terms and conditions, but just wanted to check, there's no limit to how many times you can do this before your flight, right?

If there are multiple drops and you happen to catch each one, can you submit a request for the updated lowest price? Or is it 1 request per purchase?
There's no limit - as long as the fare difference is more than $25 each time we'll honour it again and again. ~Darren

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.