Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

TVs didn’t work, am I eligible for compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aero-something

Recently flew West Jet for a short flight (Kelowna – Calgary) and the seatback TVs didn’t work. Couldn’t find anything on their website or in Google, but am I eligible for compensation?

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Spex
Recently flew West Jet for a short flight (Kelowna – Calgary) and the seatback TVs didn’t work. Couldn’t find anything on their website or in Google, but am I eligible for compensation?

Thanks
Sorry, I don't know the answer. I'm curious though, I've never heard of Kelowna. How long was the flight?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
That's a pretty short flight. What sort of compensation do you feel would be appropriate, considering the fare you paid and the duration of the flight?

I don't know WestJet's policy on this, but you should probably have some sort of value in mind should you choose to approach them on it. Personally, I wouldn't bother, as I suspect the level of compensation offered wouldn't be worth the time you would chew up to pursue it.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Spex

Thanks
You didn't get to watch TV on your 250 mile, 45 minute flight?

And you want compensation?

Are you serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Some of their planes don't even have TVs now so....
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:13 pm

WestJet is phasing out In-Seat TV. So maybe they don't fix broken systems any more.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:06 am

Flew WestJet YVR-YYZ last week. Companion's tv was not working so I asked if it could be reset as that sometimes helps. We were bluntly told that access to IFE was not guaranteed. FA said to try gently kicking the box under the middle seat, that sometimes works. And then went on her way. TV started working magically somewhere over Manitoba.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by MagicSam
Flew WestJet YVR-YYZ last week. Companion's tv was not working so I asked if it could be reset as that sometimes helps. We were bluntly told that access to IFE was not guaranteed. FA said to try gently kicking the box under the middle seat, that sometimes works. And then went on her way. TV started working magically somewhere over Manitoba.
Someone hoofed the box.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

The last time I flew WestJet was in 2006. Their IFE TVs were so, so small. Do any of their newer jets sport larger TVs or are they going the tablet route?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:47 am

Some of the planes have a larger screen, but all of the newest 800s don't have TVs at all, as it's quite a large and unnecessary expense to outfit them just to rip them out starting this coming winter when wifi is going to be installed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.