Confused about insurance

Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Confused about insurance

I have the westjet world elite card. I read the entire insurance policy. I thought that it included trip cancellation insurance but it doesn't. It includes trip interruption which is not the same. I am not happy that I am paying $99/year and now I have to purchase cancellation insurance? Which from what I have seen comes packaged with a bunch of other insurance that I already have from my world elite card. Does anyone know if you can purchase cancellation insurance from rbc by itself? How much is it?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Canadianflyer75
Does anyone know if you can purchase cancellation insurance from rbc by itself? How much is it?
Yes, you can though the cost will vary depending on a few factors including amount to be insured (the non-refundable amount of your ticket), age and duration of trip.

FYI if you plan to travel often the multi-trip annual plans are a better value than the single trip insurance policies.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:14 pm

If you decide to dump the card and move to a better offer, make sure that RBC refunds you the apliccable fraction of your annual fee. They may need a friendly reminder.

Another thing you should know, and you will not find it in any of the provided materials: The claim, that the companion ticket gives you a second ticket for $99, is not necessarily correct. If the fare bucket has only one ticket left, the companion has to pay $99 plus the fare difference between the two fare buckets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.