Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Employment at WestJet - How to get in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Red face Employment at WestJet - How to get in?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the process of forums but I am desperate to ask for advice so I thought I would give this a try.
I have been applying to WestJet for about a year for any Customer Service related jobs that come up in the job alert I have set, but am having no luck. I have a University education and speak 2 languages (unfortunately the other is not French) and years experience in retail customer service.
Does anyone have any advice at all on things they look for in the resume? Anything I could include that would help?
They ask if you have been referred by an employee, but does it matter the type of position this referral holds within the company?
I know they are big on keeping things simple and light but does a less professional tone in the cover letter help?

I am about to apply to a customer service position in Kelowna and if there is anything I should change in my application I would love to know because this would be my dream job!
It has been my dream to be part of the WestJet family since high school and I am so desperate to have a chance, I would love any advice.

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

I heard that if you know someone in WS there is a decent referral system in place. May give you a fighting chance.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

If you don't know a WestJetter, make friends!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:39 am

Even a referral does not guarantee you get an interview. Not sure what exactly they look for but sometimes having everything that they are looking for doesn't even get you a phone call. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.