Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet's First Trans-Atlantic Service & Summer 2014 Schedules

Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

Just in from our newsroom: WestJet is adding Dublin and additional LAS flights

WestJet to Launch Trans-Atlantic and Vegas Flights

WestJet announced it will begin new trans-Atlantic service this summer. In addition, WestJet and WestJet Encore will begin additional new summer routes, increase frequency on various existing routes, and convert seasonal routes to year-round service.

<SNIP>
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:38 am

This was announced a couple months ago.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...g-yyt-dub.html
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
This was announced a couple months ago.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...g-yyt-dub.html
Thanks for the heads up - WestJet just announced it in a news release today, for whatever it's worth.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:40 am

This is kind of a big deal. Nice work for Westjet.
Beefing up Ft McMurray a lot.

Can anyone detail the increases to PSP, LAX, LAS, FLL and PHX as mentioned in the release?
Wonder why WS wouldn't go into all the detail? I mean, it is their release - Do they pay by the word or something??
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:47 pm

YEG-PHX no longer seasonal.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
But not daily in off season either....looks like twice a week.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:33 pm

YOW-YWG is increasing from daily to twice daily on mainline aircraft, starting at the end of April.

YYZ-YQT is increasing from twice daily on mainline aircraft to four times daily on Encore, starting at the end of June.

YQT-YWG is increasing from daily on mainline aircraft to twice daily on Encore, starting at the end of June (but still no connections eastbound from the west coast!).

There must be other changes as well.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
But not daily in off season either....looks like twice a week.
3X. Thurs, Sat, Sun.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:33 pm

YEG-LAS from 10 to 14/week
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:05 pm

Some welcome additions. Frequencies are a big reason why I don't book WS more. Often, it'll be the one direction where the connection is good (as in today when I flew SAN-YYC-YQR) but used UA on the way down due to a better sched. It'll be interesting to see how the new schedules shake out, but I'm sure more options will be possible.

Does anyone know if the US-AA merger is likely to result in more code shares? PHX would make for a great connecting city for the US west coast with more WS flights (and of course if AA maintains the service that US had there).
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arf04
Some welcome additions. Frequencies are a big reason why I don't book WS more. Often, it'll be the one direction where the connection is good (as in today when I flew SAN-YYC-YQR) but used UA on the way down due to a better sched. It'll be interesting to see how the new schedules shake out, but I'm sure more options will be possible.

Does anyone know if the US-AA merger is likely to result in more code shares? PHX would make for a great connecting city for the US west coast with more WS flights (and of course if AA maintains the service that US had there).
YEG already has 2 US (now AA) flights to PHX so hope they don't reduce those!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:43 pm

US has not partnered with WestJet, and likely will not. The FFPs are not being integrated for another year and a half; it's likely that US will remain a separate entity for at least that long. I doubt that WestJet is increasing PHX service with the intention of codesharing with AA, given AA's fairly weak presence at PHX.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by cedric
US has not partnered with WestJet, and likely will not. The FFPs are not being integrated for another year and a half; it's likely that US will remain a separate entity for at least that long. I doubt that WestJet is increasing PHX service with the intention of codesharing with AA, given AA's fairly weak presence at PHX.
There is interlining with US and codeshare with AA.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:48 am

Can we please change the name of this thread?

Airlineroute reports several WS news:

A daily Calgary-Prince George service in summer.

As of Apr 27, Vancouver-Los Angeles will increase from 14 to 19 flights a week.

The summer service between Calgary and NYC will move from EWR to JFK.

As of May 12, there will be daily Encore service from Ft. McMurray to Kelowna as well as Vancouver.

As of June 24, there will be two flights a week between Ft. McMurray and Las Vegas. I'm not sure which endpoint of this route is worse.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:03 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sokolov
As of June 24, there will be two flights a week between Ft. McMurray and Las Vegas. I'm not sure which endpoint of this route is worse.
I will be bidding to avoid operating this route come summertime!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.