New Booking Classes

Old May 3, 2013, 6:06 pm

Well, I for one am very disappointed in this new tier system.. It used to be that you could get a direct flight right thru to Maui for around 594.00 and you got in at a great time like 11:30 in the morning,now you have 3 different tier systems, and not that great of flight times.
I guess I am just not understanding how this is all working, why they had to change. I looked at AC for the same days that I was planning on going and the price difference was huge (700.00) difference. I am sorry WS but for 700 I can do a lot of shopping and eating out. Hopefully they will really take a hard look at what they are doing to see if it really is worthwhile, because a lot of people will be just like myself, and start looking elsewhere. Yes, there are other choices.

I am sure plenty of you will not agree with me, good thing we are all allowed different opinions.

Tootsiegirl
Old May 4, 2013, 11:43 am

Tootsiegirl, I agree that you should look elsewhere. WestJet has very high load factors, so they raised prices.

I've also noticed that, sometimes, the Econo price does not show up on the Matrix. This makes WestJet look more expensive. Not sure if that is done on purpose to drive more traffic to WestJet.com or if it is another example of the Matrix' atrophy.

Last edited by sokolov; May 4, 2013 at 12:22 pm
Old May 4, 2013, 7:43 pm

Sokolov, I also agree with you, the prices are just starting to get out of this world, I know people will say, well people are paying for the seats so all must be good with the world, but seriously just give us a price for economy and then a price for firstclass/business, we all know the closer you get to the date of travel the prices go up, but good god just about a year out and we are talking high prices already...

Sorry to grumble, but I am FED UP!

Tootsiegirl
Old May 5, 2013, 10:42 am

There are flight to Maui around Christmas that are already sold out. That may be an indication of why prices are so high.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:33 am

The base price for Edmonton to Maui return is $618 plus taxes and fees, if available in the Econo class (each month from Jan to Mar 2014 has some days at this price). As Hypnotize says many of the lower fare classes (Econo and Flex) have already sold out on certain days.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Well, I just booked a one way return from LAS to YEG with WS because the *A award availability was horrendous. I had 330 Westjet Dollars and 150 in my travel bank. It was $420 per person for one way to fly because the only fare available was Plus. It was CHEAPER to book a paid J ticket with AC at the same time. Had I not have had $480 WS pesos I would have booked J with AC...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.