WestJet launches Toronto/Kingston service

Subscribe
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...rvice_11387121

CANADA'S leading airline, WestJet, has launched a new service from Toronto into Kingston which is expected to provide a further 6,000 air seats into the island for the summer tourist season.

-------------------

Vice-President of WestJet Mark Brown said the carrier opted to offer a service to Kingston because the gateway warrants the expansion of its services. "The airline views Kingston as a good gateway (and) my team and I are happy to be coming here," Brown said.
Oh Jamaica! I thought the ON one and I was that a 737 might be too much!!
It's nice to see WestJet adding some non-sun destinations once in a while.
It's not sunny in Kingston, Jamaica???
Quote: It's not sunny in Kingston, Jamaica???
It's sunny in Regina too

Sun destinations are known for the beaches and resorts. Kingston is not the same kind of destination as Montego Bay.
Quote: Oh Jamaica! I thought the ON one and I was that a 737 might be too much!!
You never know. We might see this same headline when the Q400 routes are announced LOL.
Quote: It's sunny in Regina too

Sun destinations are known for the beaches and resorts. Kingston is not the same kind of destination as Montego Bay.
Considering the size of Jamaica, making a distinction between KIN and MBJ is rather pointless.
Size has nothing to do with it. I'm not talking about climate differences, I'm talking about socioeconomic differences. The fact Kingston isn't on WestJet Vacations makes my point.

This route is more for the people of Toronto and Kingston visiting family in either city.