Weather impact in Atlantic Canada

Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Weather impact in Atlantic Canada

Had one of our employees flying home to Newfoundland last night - Wednesday (YHZ-YYT ). WS cancelled the flight due to weather problems and told him the earliest they could get him home was Sunday.

He went off to the AC desk and bought a ticket home that night and my company was $300 poorer as a result.

I'm surprised WS would not have been more proactive in finding ways to get him home within a reasonable delay by either re-routing him or transferring him to another carrier.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
Had one of our employees flying home to Newfoundland last night - Wednesday (YHZ-YYT ). WS cancelled the flight due to weather problems and told him the earliest they could get him home was Sunday.

He went off to the AC desk and bought a ticket home that night and my company was $300 poorer as a result.

I'm surprised WS would not have been more proactive in finding ways to get him home within a reasonable delay by either re-routing him or transferring him to another carrier.
Go on-line and you can buy a $209 seat + taxes for either WJ flight on Friday. You might want to have a chat with your employee!

Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:46 pm

It's too bad indeed that the weather threw a wrench into his plans. What equipment does AC/Jazz use on their YHZ-YYZ route? It could possibly have different landing restrictions (eg: use less runway for a safer landing) than a 737. That might have been one of the reasons.

I wonder how could he have been re-routed on WS? Unless they would have sent him back to Toronto and then on to St. John's. Unfortunately, WS doesn't have Moncton/Charlottetown-St. John's flight.

At the end of the day, I'm glad to hear that he did get home safely and hopefully he can work out some sort of compensation with WS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.