Do you think AA would allow award travel on Westjet eventually?

Subscribe
I fly to Canada often to see family and have lots of AA miles to burn. Wondering if anyone thinks the codeshare with AA will eventually turn to award redemption on Westjet? Would love another option to get to YEG as I am limited being from the East Coast.

Thanks
I would say yes. However, for some reason things move glacially in regards to this AA-WS relationship. I suspect the problem is on the WS side.
Quote: I fly to Canada often to see family and have lots of AA miles to burn. Wondering if anyone thinks the codeshare with AA will eventually turn to award redemption on Westjet? Would love another option to get to YEG as I am limited being from the East Coast.

Thanks
I don't see why not. Westjet already allows air miles points to be redeemed on them. Maybe AA wants accumulation and redemption and that is what the hold up is. Otherwise if it was just redeeming awards I can't see why that would be a problem.
Yes - it will happen. Things may move "glacially" but they're done for the right reasons.
Quote: I would say yes. However, for some reason things move glacially in regards to this AA-WS relationship. I suspect the problem is on the WS side.
No problem on the WS side, once the first codeshare deal is done and implemented with a partner, it is a trivial exercise to add routes with that partner from a systems and process perspective. Regulation and commercial and marketing considerations dictate the timing.
Thanks. I was hoping they would take the "next step". Looking forward to using my AA miles finally!