WS 739

Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:28 pm
cur
Original Poster

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
WS 739

While in the MLL in YYC a few weeks ago, I saw what I thought was an all white 757 with the "WESTJET" livery on half the tail.

I yelled "IS THAT A WEST JET 757?" in the lounge. Someone nearby said: "that's the 737 900, actually". However, he concurred with my assertion that I have never heard about WS getting such an aircraft.

Any details? I see an old old post from an alleged WS'er stating that the 739 isn't feasible due to the poor range, poor, as in unable to go YYCYYZ without aux fuel tanks (much like the 321s AC has). Why, can't, they, just, get 757s? The costs associated with two equipment types surely may be offset by the ability to fly to Hawai'i beyond 66% pax capacity?!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP
It indeed is a Westjet 757. They wet leased one for their Alberta-Hawaii flying.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:03 pm

See this thread for further information on the wet leased 757:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...waii-flts.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.