Is Westjet doing telemarketing now.

Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Is Westjet doing telemarketing now.

3 times today, from 3 different phone numbers I have received this thing that starts out "As you are a loyal WestJet customer you have qualified for a free gift from Westjet". The first time I just hung up but the last two I hit the good old number 1 to accept the offer. Of course there is the qualifications that you must be over 21 and (big surprise here) a credit card holder. After I let them go through their opening schpeel and I then challenge them on who they are and that all of my numbers are on the do not call list they get a little flustered. The first caller simply hung up on me while the second one asked me to hold and after 7 minutes I hung up. Way to go WestJet....... I don't care if it is you or not, its your name on the initial recording so you must be involved in some fashion.

Anyone know what the heck is going on with this.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:25 am

from westjet's news section on their website

WestJet is today warning the public about the reoccurrence of a scam being perpetrated by fraud artists trying to obtain credit card information. The scam is occurring nationally via telephone whereby callers pose as WestJet or other reputable companies.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
If i start calling people saying I am exasperated does that automatically mean you are involved?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by exasperated
3 times today, from 3 different phone numbers I have received this thing that starts out "As you are a loyal WestJet customer you have qualified for a free gift from Westjet". The first time I just hung up but the last two I hit the good old number 1 to accept the offer. Of course there is the qualifications that you must be over 21 and (big surprise here) a credit card holder. After I let them go through their opening schpeel and I then challenge them on who they are and that all of my numbers are on the do not call list they get a little flustered. The first caller simply hung up on me while the second one asked me to hold and after 7 minutes I hung up. Way to go WestJet....... I don't care if it is you or not, its your name on the initial recording so you must be involved in some fashion.

Anyone know what the heck is going on with this.
Answer, and when they get through to you, ask them to call you back, and give the local RCMP's phone #
Old May 7, 2011, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CZBB
Answer, and when they get through to you, ask them to call you back, and give the local RCMP's phone #
Probably a private number.. these scammers are more sophisticated than to give out a phone #..

Westjet hasn't even got it yet..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.