fare question - wait or buy

Old May 10, 2011, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
fare question - wait or buy

Hi,

I don't have much knowledge on Canadian domestic fare so I am looking for some help here.

Traveling the following routes:

Aug 1 YYZ-YYC leave early AM
Aug 5 YYC-YVR leave early AM
Aug 7 YVR-YYZ

Fare was $770 yesterday, I was about to buy it but then found out WJ doesn’t allow multi-segment booking online?! got busy and didn't call them. So I checked the price again and it went up to $930! My question is based on your experience with WJ and Canadian domestic airlines in general, is this considered normal in early August, and should I pull the trigger or wait for awhile? Many thanks

Last edited by javadoc2005; May 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by javadoc2005
Hi,

I don't have much knowledge on Canadian domestic fare so I am looking for some help here.

Traveling the following routes:

Aug 1 YYZ-YYC leave early AM
Aug 5 YYC-YVR leave early AM
Aug 7 YVR-YYZ

Fare was $770 yesterday, I was about to buy it but then found out WJ doesnt allow multi-segment booking online?! got busy and didn't call them. So I checked the price again and it went up to $930! My question is based on your experience with WJ and Canadian domestic airlines in general, is this considered normal in early August, and should I pull the trigger or wait for awhile? Many thanks
There is a seat sale today. Check it out. AC and WJ are price matching.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:57 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by javadoc2005
My question is based on your experience with WJ and Canadian domestic airlines in general, is this considered normal in early August, and should I pull the trigger or wait for awhile?
I wouldn't wait too long as Aug. 1st is a civic holiday for much of the country, meaning folks will be on the move in the iddle of what normally is a busier domestic travel time with school out. Just MHO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.