Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Care-antee" Plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

The "Care-antee" Plane

Has anyone else seen this aircraft? When we were on the taxi way in YVR on Dec. 7th we saw a WS aircraft with a new paintjob ("Care-antee" on one side and the French version on the other). It looked kind of neat. Does anyone know how many of these WS will have?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by arf04
Has anyone else seen this aircraft? When we were on the taxi way in YVR on Dec. 7th we saw a WS aircraft with a new paintjob ("Care-antee" on one side and the French version on the other). It looked kind of neat. Does anyone know how many of these WS will have?
Not sure how many they have, but don't worry, they can change it at anytime
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I've actually seen the plane during a short trip to Canada. I didn't realize it was WS metal at first. Had to look it over twice.

As of now they still only have one(WS' first logo jet). I don't know of any plans for more.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I've actually seen the plane during a short trip to Canada. I didn't realize it was WS metal at first. Had to look it over twice.
I had to look more than once too. I was in an AC Jazz CRJ at the time so it took a fair bit of craning to get a look. The tail and the French on one side (covers the whole side in large script) threw me off as that is what I saw first.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Not sure how many they have, but don't worry, they can change it at anytime
^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
^
At least someone caught on to that one
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:01 pm

I had to look more than once too. I was in an AC Jazz CRJ at the time so it took a fair bit of craning to get a look. The tail and the French on one side (covers the whole side in large script) threw me off as that is what I saw first.
Truthfully, the color combination looks a lot better than WS's blue-green mess.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:45 pm

The Care-antee plane's design was designed by a Westjetter and will remain the sole plane with that design. It was painted earlier this year.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdnav8r...n/photostream/
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:36 pm

I'm pretty sure they'll do away with it at some point in the next year.

There are plans for a WestJet Vacations logojet as well.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:25 pm

I'm pretty sure they'll do away with it at some point in the next year.
Unless the paint is worn and no longer protecting the hull, why would WS waste money repainting a plane? I'm sure there will be other aircraft that will need repainting well before this one.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:19 am

There are reasons. ^
Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:17 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Hypnotize
There are reasons. ^
Can any of those reason justify the cost?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Hypnotize
There are reasons. ^
Perhaps they are considering removing the Careantee altogether. They could replace it with a new department dedicated entirely to improving the customer experience, and call it "Customer Solutions".
Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:55 pm

The primary reason the CareAntee came about was because an MP who had a bad experience on Air Canada in YVR during the snowstorm of 2008 was presenting a bill that was dubbed the Passenger Bill of Rights. Click on the link for more info: (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...l-maloway.html

WestJet's response to this proposal was to put out its own promise, dubbed the CareAntee. As a side benefit, it promoted things we did that we felt we weren't getting credit for and things which differentiated us from Air Canada and our US counterparts.

As with most things in the airline industry, things changed. Most of you know about the second baggage fee that we recently announced - something we said we don't/wouldn't charge. There was a lot of outrage within the Company about this and rightfully and wrongfully so.

I personally don't like the CareAntee and yes, I think repainting is something I can accept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.