Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Worried about Westjet flight connecting in YYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Hello.

Ive just got a few questions about a connecting westjet flight im taking within the next week or so.

I fly out of YEG at 8:30am on thursday, october 21 (via Westjet). We arrive at YYC at 9:14am and then need to catch our connection which leaves YYC at 10:40am to LAX.

From my understanding, because the flight is to the US we need to go get our bags from the luggage carousel, go back to front desk check in to check in, go through security again, and then customs? I just dont understand how this is possible within a hour and a bit, Im very worried about missing my flight.

Is there something that I am missing here? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:09 pm

Welcome to FT!

Did you buy this as a separate ticket, or as 2 separate tickets?

If this was purchased as a single ticket, you will not need to re-check in at YYC. You will check in at YEG. When at YYC you will have to pick up your bag (at a special baggage claim at US customs), take your bag through customs, and then place your bag on a belt past customs. You will not need to check-in again at YYC.

I've had much shorter YEG-YYC-USA connections and made it no problem. As long as your flight from Edmonton is on time you'll be fine.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Yeah its one ticket, and I called westjet and talked to a very helpful rep who reassured me. They pretty much said exactly what you said, I was just worried it was more of a process.

However, I really appreciate the quick reply. Sounds like its a simple process!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:05 pm

my advise to you is don't doddle on the way to customs ie stop for coffee/gum etc. Sometimes there could be line ups and you could be delayed going through.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Lastkaii
Yeah its one ticket
The WS res. computer would've had allowed the connection had it failed to meet minimum connection times so barring anything that delays your inbound you should be good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.