Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WS warns seatback TV service may vary by aircraft due to repairs over next few weeks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS warns seatback TV service may vary by aircraft due to repairs over next few weeks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

We want to let you know that on some of our aircraft, we’re awaiting repairs to the live seatback TV system. If your clients are travelling with us in the next few weeks, they might find themselves on a flight without seatback TV. We are very sorry for any inconvenience, and we will have this temporary problem fixed soon.

In the meantime, we think it’s important to let your clients know ahead of time so that they can bring a book, magazine, MP3 or DVD player, or toys for little WestJetters. Again, we apologize that we cannot provide this service on some of our aircraft for the next little while, and we truly appreciate your support and understanding.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I had no seatback TV YLW-YEG on Feb 8th. Luckily I had my ipod touch - the screens are almost the same size anyways. But its REALLY too bad this happens during the olympics!!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:41 pm

wonder what the repairs are that they are talking about
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:25 am
PRS

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
Last June we booked our Feb 28th return flight from the Olympics on WS specifically so we would have a chance to watch the gold medal hockey game while enroute to Toronto. Closer to the date I guess I will call and see if they can confirm TV access for our flight - otherwise would consider rescheduling or canceling if I can find an alternative.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by PRS
Last June we booked our Feb 28th return flight from the Olympics on WS specifically so we would have a chance to watch the gold medal hockey game while enroute to Toronto. Closer to the date I guess I will call and see if they can confirm TV access for our flight - otherwise would consider rescheduling or canceling if I can find an alternative.
Definately send them an email. If it isn't working, they may offer you a significant credit.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: AC Elite, *A Gold
Seatback TV

FA told us last night that they have been notified by Boeing that there is an issue about wiring for the monitors being too close to other wiring on the plane. Apparently this is a potential problem, not that anything has happened. But it sure didn't sound as though it was going to be corrected soon.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:59 pm

I'm going to be seriously cheesed if it's 1463 PSP-YEG this coming Sunday....
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:14 pm

Havarti or swiss?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:00 pm

Just wondering what people's experiences have been with the TV issue as we will be bringing 4 small kids YVR-OGG in a couple of days and if they don't have their TV to watch they may be a handful.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:38 pm
PRS

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
A bit off topic, but for our YVR-YYZ flight Sunday Feb 28 the gate agent was getting so many questions about the TVs that she checked as soon as the plane arrived and announced to the entire gate area that the TVs were working. As a result we had what for most of us will be one of the most memorable flights of our lives, watching the Canada-US Gold Medal Hockey game in its entirety with a choice of broadcast versions. When Canada won in overtime the entire plane went crazy, we sang O Canada, even the flight attendants had a few photos taken with everyone celebrating behind them. AC may have been the official Olympic sponsor but for everyone on that flight WJ will always be their "Olympic" airline.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: lost all status during pandemic...
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
Just wondering what people's experiences have been with the TV issue as we will be bringing 4 small kids YVR-OGG in a couple of days and if they don't have their TV to watch they may be a handful.
OGG?

Live TV won't work about 20 min west of Victoria.

Bring some games or other distractions.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:52 am

When I took WestJet to OGG in January, the signal for the live TV lasted perhaps 45-60 minutes out of YVR, then they had pay per view movies, plus one channel showing taped 1/2 hour TV shows for free.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:02 pm

WS 673 - March 29 - YOW to YYZ

No in-flight TV due to repairs. Didn't really care, it's only a 40 something minute flight anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.