Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 1999, 12:02 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

It pays to ask

If you have doubt that your request for back
miles/points will be answered...

I was able to get a LOT of back points from
Westin for my MAUI Stay (several thousand worth!) SImply by faxing my request then sending an e-mail about a week later to ask
about the request.

I got this answer thursday:

Dear Mr. Blanchard:

Thank you for your recent e-mail inquiry concerning the Point balance of your Westin Premier (WPRE) account. Please be advised
that the stay that you referenced has been credited. Your current balance is 29,932 Points. Please allow up to thirty days for your new credit to appear on the Account Activity, of your United frequent flyer account.

So it pays to ask.

Interesting Sidebar: the e-mail is now addressed from the Starwood Frequent Guest
program. So the changeover's well underway.
CATMAN
Old Jan 8, 1999, 3:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Skymiles Plat, United Premier Exec
Good job with getting your points, Catman. I think one key thing was your own follow-up with an email and 1999 seems to be the year of "customer service" with so many changes going on in the industry.
Old Jan 8, 1999, 3:05 pm
pgupta011

Could you share your insights/experiences flygirl?

Old Jan 9, 1999, 8:32 pm
pgupta011

In my experience it always pays to ask (and to always save all required documentation till miles/points are posted). For example in 1997 I had not received points from Mileage Plus dining, and I pursued it with them and got the miles. Not everyone will go through the hassle of pursuing missing mileage credit, especially when it does not involve a lot of miles. I think that the best customer service is one which one does not have to use at all, i.e. if points (like Catman's Westin experience) were properly posted to begin with. I hope too that 1999 would be better - we'll find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.