Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connections at SEA" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 3:36 pm

You are right our UA flight turned into Alaskan....... Interesting new partnership
Old May 25, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by moeve
You are right our UA flight turned into Alaskan....... Interesting new partnership
Note that LH and AS do not have a partnership. You will not earn LH miles on your AS leg.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:36 am
Suspended

SEATAC Terminal C to S

How do I get from C gates to Terminal S if I'm transiting?

Do I have to go back to landside? Or can this be done on airside?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:10 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
All the satellite terminals are connected by train so you don't have to exit security.

The interactive map on SeaTac officila web page is broken, but it's easy enough to follow the signs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by georgetaylor
How do I get from C gates to Terminal S if I'm transiting?

Do I have to go back to landside? Or can this be done on airside?
If you arrive at the end of C, go down the escalator to the train and go one stop to "D Gates, Baggage Claim, and Connect to South Terminal", get off the train and walk straight across the station to the other train (do not turn right and go to baggage claim). If you come in the lower number C gates walk to the D concourse security area where you go down 2 sets of escalators and take the train on the left as you get off the escalator.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:20 pm

1 hour from South to North Satellite flight

Is it probable to do so? Have to go through security again, even if flying US domestic both legs? Can anyone tell me the optimal route from South Satellite to the North Satellite?

Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No, you don't have to re-clear security.

It's a three-train ride, or a two-train ride if you walk the length of the terminal in the middle.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/M...-Overview.aspx
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Is it probable to do so? Have to go through security again, even if flying US domestic both legs? Can anyone tell me the optimal route from South Satellite to the North Satellite?

Thanks!
while the above poster gave you the map.

You have 3 rails. 2 of them are loops between the islands and their 2 surrounding terminals and then one connecting opposite ends of the terminal (you can walk between if you want).

How certain are you the flights are arriving at ine satellite and your connection is leaving from the other? Some airlines have gates in N/s and A/B/C/D terminals
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:44 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question SEA Terminals Connected Walkways?

Hey there,

I was wondering if S terminal at SEA was connected to the other terminals via a walkway. I want to visit the Delta Sky Club before departing for Beijing on Hainan Airlines (not sure which concourse).

Thank you.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:58 pm

The S concourse is connected to the other concourses airside via an underground train, so you will be able to access the DL lounge before your flight. HU also uses the S gates.

Last edited by steveman518; Apr 1, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:05 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs up

Oh cool.Thanks very much!!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
I arrived SEA today on DL145 from AMS. The baggage claim/customs area was crazy! The line to get through the customs check spilled out of the maze before the inspection desks and wrapped all the way around the hall to behind the baggage claim carousels (all the way to halfway between the escalators you use to come down the escalators from passport check). There was a gal back there holding a sign that said "end of line here" and people herding arriving passengers to the line. Given how organized this was, it must be a regular occurrence.

I've qualified for Global Entry so I was able to skip all this and pass through the customs check in about 60 seconds. But for those who were connecting and did not have Global Entry it looked to me that you would be standing in that line for more than 30 minutes - and if you are connecting you then have to re-clear security on the other side (which I did not get a look at how backed up that was). Uggh.

If your planning to connect INTL->DOM at SEA, before to allow yourself plenty of time. SEA is really bursting at the seams.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:09 pm

Question Alaska Air to Southwest in Seattle

My wife and I will be flying into Seattle on an overnight flight from Fairbanks on Alaska Air arriving into Seattle at 4:15am We are planning to catch a Southwest flight out of Seattle that departs @ 6:25am. From my reading this will involve claiming our checked bags at the Alaska baggage claim, then making our way to the Southwest counter to recheck our bags, and finally, go through security (again) to board our flights home on Southwest. Does anyone have any input on if this is possible in the amount of time we have(2hr 10min) I wish Southwest had an interline agreement but looks like I'll have to make this work the best I can. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old May 26, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I wouldn't expect any problems. Alaska is good about delivering bags to the carousel quickly, and security lines are not long at that early hour. I think only the central security checkpoint (#3) is open at that time, but that's convenient to the B concourse where the Southwest flight will depart from.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:12 pm

Who knows, these days with TSA, but this should be do-able under ordinary conditions. Alaska guarantees baggage out in 20 minutes after arrival at the gate, and it would be a 5-10 minute slog from there to the Southwest counter. If you shipped your baggage from Fairbanks to your final destination, it would be much more certain and less stressful; no second pass through of security in Seattle. Fairbanks is one of the furthest outlets in the US with a Fedex office, just down Airport Road from the Airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.