Wiki Posts
Search

SeaPort Airlines starts Seattle to Portland Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SeaPort Airlines starts Seattle to Portland Service

SeaPort Airlines will begin air service between Boeing Field and Portland. Aimed at Business Flyers, the airline's Pilatus PC-12 airplane fall out of the TSA's jurisdiction for mandatory security checks. So passengers only need to arrive 15 minutes before the flight.

90 minutes: Downtown to Downtown
Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:47 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's share this news with the many on our active Travel->West forum. Ocn Vw 1K, moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I'd rather see an upgraded train service. .
Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by chexfan
SeaPort Airlines will begin air service between Boeing Field and Portland. Aimed at Business Flyers, the airline's Pilatus PC-12 airplane fall out of the TSA's jurisdiction for mandatory security checks. So passengers only need to arrive 15 minutes before the flight.

90 minutes: Downtown to Downtown
This is wonderful! A company is actually using as a selling-point that pax can fly without TSA hassle.

Some publicity on efforts like this would do wonders at debunking the "people would be afraid to fly without having their ID checked and shampoo confiscated," argument.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:26 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
sounds like an interesting idea, but surely a hard time to start up an airline! If targeted at business travelers, is it a weekday only service? And as a separate location from SEA, it misses out on connecting traffic I guess?

SEA-PDX fares are $166 roundtrip with advance. How much cheaper will they possibly get?

edit: a little looking on that website:
$149 one way, $79 special

Last edited by TA; Jun 17, 2008 at 2:33 pm
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:22 pm

I guess with a name like SeaPort they're not harboring any plans to expand the brand beyond the one route.

(I know, I know, Alaska doesn't just fly to Alaska, Northwest flies to the Southeast, etc.)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Quaker325
I guess with a name like SeaPort they're not harboring any plans to expand the brand beyond the one route.

(I know, I know, Alaska doesn't just fly to Alaska, Northwest flies to the Southeast, etc.)
Well, they could also fly to Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. Though that would be an incredibly long flight in a puddle jumper.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Palal
I'd rather see an upgraded train service. .
^^

The Talgo trains are OK, but the schedule is rather thin. Worse yet the trains are subject to ridiculous delays caused by Union Pacific freight trains.

It's a shame, because the downtown-to-downtown service provided on this route is ripe for high biz-traveler usage. But even taking your chances with I-5 traffic is more reliable than Amtrak, sad to say.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Just got a piece of direct mail from these guys at the office in downtown SEA. The part that made me laugh was the tagline: "Hit the Sky Running." Thanks, but when I'm in an airplane I don't want to hit anything.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Alaska/Horizon has matched their fares and is offering double miles.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:47 pm

Programs: 1K 2MM
Has anyone here flown SeaPort? I'm giving it serious consideration....
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
^^

The Talgo trains are OK, but the schedule is rather thin. Worse yet the trains are subject to ridiculous delays caused by Union Pacific freight trains.

It's a shame, because the downtown-to-downtown service provided on this route is ripe for high biz-traveler usage. But even taking your chances with I-5 traffic is more reliable than Amtrak, sad to say.
Maybe. There are long term plans to speed up the service and purchase new Talgo sets.

Personally, I prefer the occasional Amtrak delay to sitting behind trucks in the rain and eyeballing the left-lane trolls going .03 mph faster than the truck as they attempt to pass.

SeaPort sounds good though - more competition can't hurt.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tkc98110
Has anyone here flown SeaPort? I'm giving it serious consideration....
Has anyone had any experience with this airline yet? Looks like it might make an easy weekend trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.