Search

Consolidated "Connections at DEN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More
Consolidated "Connections at DEN" thread

Hello everyone,

I got a flight FRA-DEN and DEN-GEG (Spokane).
The connecting time is 1h 20 min for me to go through customs.

Will that be enough? Will the UA flight wait, if needed? I bought the ticket in one go.

at
http://www.airlinequality.com/Airpor..._forum/den.htm
it sounds good - anybody had a recent experience in Denver?

Thanks for reading my first post

q
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: WN | UA
Connecting from UA to US in DEN

I have the following connection planned on Sunday:

Arrive DEN 5:28pm (UA GEG-DEN)
Depart DEN 6:25pm (US DEN-PHX)

Will I be okay? I remember it taking me 20 minutes to connect within UA's concourse to another UA flight in the same concourse, let alone from UA to US Air in another concourse.

What do you think?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joechickens
...What do you think?
Standard tight connections answer -- if everything is on time, you should be OK -- you might even make it before the DEN-PHX starts boarding (if you don't have to wait for the train). But if you are delayed, all bets off.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
You will probably make it but if you are late it will be tough. Us has the worst gates a DEN. End of concourse C. Not matter what there is going to be alot of walking and a train evolved.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hoops7k
Us has the worst gates a DEN. End of concourse C. Not matter what there is going to be alot of walking and a train evolved.
Moving walkways installed and new restaurants / services in Conc C...it helps, a little.

Rumor on a.net indicated talks are underway to move both US (from C) and CO (from A) to B with United at DEN. If AC and LH joined the trio in B, we'd have a "Under One Roof" Star Alliance hub. LH & AC would require customs connection for arriving int'l flights or a towing operation to get planes from A over to B. If anyone has heard anything further...chime in.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
Rumor on a.net indicated talks are underway to move both US (from C) and CO (from A) to B with United at DEN. If AC and LH joined the trio in B, we'd have a "Under One Roof" Star Alliance hub. LH & AC would require customs connection for arriving int'l flights or a towing operation to get planes from A over to B. If anyone has heard anything further...chime in.
Makes sense--there are several underutilized gates on B that could easily support US flights. WN may want to get more gates on C, but their plans are uncertain after the failed bid for F9. AC has operated from B since Canadian flights pre-clear customs before departure. CO is dicier since they have a PC on A, and LH and BA use this club for their departures. I suppose CO could abandon their club in favor of the RCC but towing intl. flights from one concourse to another is inefficient.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Daze
Makes sense--there are several underutilized gates on B that could easily support US flights. WN may want to get more gates on C, but their plans are uncertain after the failed bid for F9. AC has operated from B since Canadian flights pre-clear customs before departure. CO is dicier since they have a PC on A, and LH and BA use this club for their departures. I suppose CO could abandon their club in favor of the RCC but towing intl. flights from one concourse to another is inefficient.
Or maybe CO takes over one RCC and converts it to a President's Club. Just an idea.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:21 pm

Connections at DEN

I am a first time flyer and I am flying from Toronto-YYZ to Las Vegas-LAS with a connection in Denver-DEN. I arrive in Denver at 9:29am and depart at 10:15am so this only leaves me 45 mins. What is the process once I arrive in Denver? Do I have to get my luggage? I am not sure if I will have enough time. The flight from YYZ-DEN is operated by United Express and from DEN-LAS is operated by United.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Also on my returning flight from Vegas there is a connection in Denver again. Only this time the flight from LAS-DEN is operated by United and the flight from DEN-YYZ is operated by Air Canada. The connection time is an hour and 20 mins, so I have a little more time.

All of this has confused me and I don`t want to miss my connecting flight.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:35 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
mw..., welcome to FlyerTalk! Let me move this to our Travel->West forum for further discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Depending on where your gates are located, 45 minutes could be cutting it very close. United's terminal in DEN is very long and you may be running through the airport. United will not hold the plane for you. Your luggage should be checked through to Vegas and to Toronto on the way home.

You should be fine with an hour and 20 minutes.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can walk the B concourse from B95 to B15 (end to end) in 20 minutes, including a quick bathroom break, thanks to the moving walkways. I think 45 minutes is adequate.

I believe you'll have to transfer from B to A concourse to pick up your AC flight on the way home; 1 hour 20 minutes will be quite adequate to hop on the train between concourses.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UK Traveler
Depending on where your gates are located, 45 minutes could be cutting it very close. United's terminal in DEN is very long and you may be running through the airport. United will not hold the plane for you. Your luggage should be checked through to Vegas and to Toronto on the way home.

You should be fine with an hour and 20 minutes.
As a person who has been flying from DEN since it opened, I don't believe that 45 minutes is cutting it close. There may be the possibility that the OP will arrive at the UX gates and depart on the other side of Concourse B. However, with assistance from the moving walkways, I don't see how it would take them more than twenty minutes end-end...

By the way, Welcome to FlyerTalk, mwbearbum1!!!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:17 am

Thanks for the info everyone. It really helps.

Now 1 more question. When I get off the UX flight in Denver and go to catch the United flight, both in councourse B, will I have to pass through secirity again? And I am assuming that they will forward my bags for me to the connecting flights.

On my return flight I get off a United Flight on concourse B and have to catch an Air Canada connecting flight on concourse A, does this mean since I am switching concourses I will have to go through security again? Also since I am switching Airlines will they still forward my bags onto the connecting flight as well?

Sorry I am totally new at this and I want to be prepared when I get to Denver since I have limited time between flights.

It is all very overwhelming.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mwbearbum1
Now 1 more question. When I get off the UX flight in Denver and go to catch the United flight, both in councourse B, will I have to pass through secirity again? And I am assuming that they will forward my bags for me to the connecting flights.
I believe that since you will have pre-cleared customs at your origin, you will not have to re-clear security in DEN. Yes, your bags will be onward transferred.

On my return flight I get off a United Flight on concourse B and have to catch an Air Canada connecting flight on concourse A, does this mean since I am switching concourses I will have to go through security again? Also since I am switching Airlines will they still forward my bags onto the connecting flight as well?
Your luggage will be checked through to your final.

To get to Concourse A, simply follow the signs to the center of concourse B for "Terminal/Baggage Claim", go down two flights of escalators to the train, and take it toward the terminal, but get off at Concourse A.

No re-clearing required.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Little old lady: Nervous?

Ted Stryker: Yes.

Little old lady: First time?

Ted Stryker: No...I've been nervous lots of times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.