Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at DEN" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at DEN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:58 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jneugeba
Agreed. Just to reiterate as this is confusing: Do not follow the signs to "Parking." Follow the signs to "Arrivals" and get in the far left lane.
Thanks to both of you. Most helpful. DIA website says that it's $3/hour, fyi.

Worked perfectly. Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Covered airport parking near DIA

Looking for recommendations for inexpensive covered airport parking.

The only two I see are...

Canopy Airport Parking - $12 with ExpressToll discount
ParkDIA - $13.18 with AAA discount

Am I missing any other place?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:13 pm

USAirport parking is across the street from Canopy and has covered parking
http://www.usairportparking.com/
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maquez
USAirport parking is across the street from Canopy and has covered parking
http://www.usairportparking.com/
Thanks. It's $12.75/day with AAA discount.

On a map, it looks like ParkDIA is significantly closer to the main terminal compared to Canopy/USA. Anyone know the difference in time it takes from each lot?

For reference, I typically park Sunday night or Monday morning through Thursday night. I have a very significant discount at WallyPark, which I will continue to use for regular parking. Covered parking is for weeks when snow is expected.

Of course, when I posted the question, I thought there were be more than three options.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Easy Reasonably priced long term parking at DEN

I need to leave my sister's car for her at DEN. I'll leave it next Saturday on my way to a flight, she'll pick it up a week later.

What are good, reasonably priced options where she can easily catch a shuttle to the lot and where I can clearly describe the car location?

Hope some Mile Highers can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Doc
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

I don't find any of the options particularly reasonably priced. I've used Canopy and WallyPark and like Canopy better, although they're both basically the same.

Different suggestion: If you possibly needed a hotel for your trip, leave your car at one of the hotels that offers a week's parking. There are a number of options on Tower Road, and many more in the complex northwest of the Pena/I-70 interchange.

I would think that might be way easier than making sure she has the claim check and trying to describe in a massive lot where the car is.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I don't find any of the options particularly reasonably priced. I've used Canopy and WallyPark and like Canopy better, although they're both basically the same.

Different suggestion: If you possibly needed a hotel for your trip, leave your car at one of the hotels that offers a week's parking. There are a number of options on Tower Road, and many more in the complex northwest of the Pena/I-70 interchange.

I would think that might be way easier than making sure she has the claim check and trying to describe in a massive lot where the car is.
Good idea. The hotel idea might work, I could just get her a room at the end. She'll be coming in at night from a really long series of flights, she could just hop the hotel shuttle, sleep, and drive home the next day. I may push that on her as I'd rather not have her drive up to the mountains after a huge day like that.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Good idea. The hotel idea might work, I could just get her a room at the end. She'll be coming in at night from a really long series of flights, she could just hop the hotel shuttle, sleep, and drive home the next day. I may push that on her as I'd rather not have her drive up to the mountains after a huge day like that.
Covered or uncovered?

If uncovered, the hotel park-and-fly options are pretty good. Example: Holiday Inn Express lets you park for $5 a day at their place with a one-night stay.

I hear a lot of complaints about long waits for the independent parking shuttles, especially from the terminal back to the car.

Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot is $8 a day, part of the airport. I've used them several times and never had a long wait for the shuttle to return to the lot. https://www.flydenver.com/pikespeak
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:08 am
Suspended

Thanks, Brian, I'll check out HIE.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With WallyPark, you are given a card with the exact location of your car--which you hand to your driver on your return. You could park at WallyPark, take a picture of the card, and then send it to your sister. Sister can then show the picture to the driver.

That's what we did when there was a 1-day gap between my sister leaving and us returning--except we used WallyPark's valet parking.

But, yes, hotel is probably the best option.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
And Canopy and USAirport Parking operate on the same card/ticket system as Wallypark, and both have covered options. At least with those two, the ticket is to guide the driver back to where you parked. If you are not actually going to see your sister while the car is parked, you should be able to send her a picture or scan of the ticket, which will tell the driver where to take her. At least at Canopy they don't seem to stressed if you don't have the actual ticket; they just asked when you arrived and send the driver to the row that was being used at the time. If your sister will not have your actual ticket, it might be risky parking in valet with either. As of a few weeks ago, there was still significant road construction around their entrances.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:27 pm

The parking lot at 61st and Peña station has a canopy now. Parking is $4/day. Here's a Denver Post article on the lot: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/10...-pena-station/

Unless you have an EcoPass, the train ride to the airport costs $18 roundtrip. Compared to the other covered options quoted earlier in this thread, 61st and Peña will be cheaper for trips 3 days and over. It's even cheaper than the uncovered Economy Shuttle lot for trips over 5 days. I've been parking here since the train started running. Super great and usually faster than the shuttle lot, but note the train only runs every 30 minutes after 6:30pm.

Here's a chart for the visual people :P

Last edited by maskedmesothorium; Jul 5, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
The parking lot at 61st and Peña station has a canopy now. Parking is $4/day. Here's a Denver Post article on the lot: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/10...-pena-station/

Unless you have an EcoPass, the train ride to the airport costs $18 roundtrip. Compared to the other covered options quoted earlier in this thread, 61st and Peña will be cheaper for trips 3 days and over. It's even cheaper than the uncovered Economy Shuttle lot for trips over 5 days. I've been parking here since the train started running. Super great and usually faster than the shuttle lot, but note the train only runs every 30 minutes after 6:30pm.
And the A line has had notorious problems, such that its reputation for reliability is poor. One MUST take that into consideration when comparing parking at 61st and Pena Blvd and taking the A train vs. parking at regular shuttle distance from the terminal.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jul 6, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:30 pm

Absolutely agree. I see one or two Tweets a week noting that the line is down, or delayed, or that a bus bridge has had to be put in place.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:16 am

That said, I have taken the train dozens of times and never had an issue. Looks like the train has an on-time arrival rate of 92.5% this year according to this article. Might be worth checking twitter or RTD's service site before deciding to park there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.