Last edit by: muji

Eye of the Needle Space Needle restaurant, 1962
Print Wikipost

Seattle Dining

Old Nov 2, 2006, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Went to Barking Frog last night.
Apathetic service. The Mains were alright, I had pheasant. K had the ahi and hers was better. The dessert was lackluster.

They had little frogs on their menu denoting what was eligible for the 25 for $25.

Went to Restaurant Zoe two weeks ago.
2137 2nd Ave
:-: :-: :-: :-:
It became instantly my favorite restaurant in Seattle. Amazing food. Great service (amazing service actually). Awesome atmosphere.

K got the lamb which was delicious and melted in your mouth. I went w/ the prime beef that was grilled perfectly and was superb.

Dessert was a peanut butter tart w/ raspberry sorbet. Individually, they were superb, but I don't understand why they were matched.

Nonetheless, it's on the 25 for $25 and would highly recommend it!
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
Kinda last minute but Pyramid Brewery is having their annual "Get Snowed In" event. Tickets are avaliable at www.pyramidbrewery.com

Tonight (Friday) is sold out but tickets are still avaliable for Saturday. $14. Should be a good time with Snow Cap and live music.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:44 pm

Finally got myself to Paseo, in Fremont, a few weeks ago. Please note that it's cash only.

One of the BEST pulled pork sandwiches that I have ever had. Nice baguette with a mayo concoction and the yummiest, messiest most delightful pulled pork that I have ever had. Huge sandwich that I easily could have shared for less than $7.00. Will hit this time and time again. There is only about 3 tables, so be prepared to wait or take away.

Yummy
:-: :-: :-: :-: :-:
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Added...

Seattle Sushi

Seven Nites Happy Hour Guide
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:50 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
For those taking a day trip to Bainbridge (or even overnight since there are now HOTELS on the island ):

Wayfarer Restaurant (Winslow) - low key, nice staff, good burger

Best "bargain" - Some lotta pizza (first store as you come into Winslow from the ferry). $3 - slice and can of pop!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by ldsant
Wayfarer Restaurant (Winslow) - low key, nice staff, good burger
The Wayfarer is in Cannon Beach, OR not Winslow/Bainbridge Island, WA.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:42 pm

We went to Seattle in November and went to Flying Fish on 1st Ave. for dinner on night. It was great and very happening!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

MissyD's Favorite!

It looks like the usual list of participating restaurants...
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Tavolata
2323 2nd Avenue

Very good Itallian. Great atmosphere in a narrow, but high-walled space (including a pretty long communal table). I was with a large group and the service was above average, but nothing stellar and memorable. Open late for dining and reasonably priced for a trendy Belltown establishment.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:14 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt
Go to the Herbfarm. Fantastic, fresh food. It's not inexpensive, but worth it at least once.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:18 pm

The Herbfarm is highly overrated and VERY expensive. I have had better pairings at other restaurants in Seattle. The other problem with the restaurant is the location. While Woodinville is nice, it's a good 20 minute drive back to the city. Not a good thing after drinking wine all night.

Thanks Chex for the Sushi list. Last night we went to Shun down by the Village. Good sushi (nothing overly off the wall) with a cute setting. The 2 of us got out of there for about $30.

Also, I finally made it to I Love Sushi on Lake Union. Great sushi with nice twists. Highly rec it.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by chexfan
Tavolata
2323 2nd Avenue

Very good Itallian. Great atmosphere in a narrow, but high-walled space (including a pretty long communal table). I was with a large group and the service was above average, but nothing stellar and memorable. Open late for dining and reasonably priced for a trendy Belltown establishment.
Have you been to Tom Douglas' new endeavor "Serious Pie" down on Virginia by Lola? I would like to know other responses. All I've heard so far is that it's great...but dude....it's just pizza.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:43 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
MissyD's Favorite!

YAY!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 1:33 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt
MissyD's Favorite!

Looking forward to trying them out.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: Miles and More
Seeing the Herbfarm above I have a quick question. If I was to go for an all out, one night blowout what restaurants in the greater Seattle area do people recommend. Happy to head out as far as the mountains to the east, the Olympics to the west and as far as Canada to the north (dunno about South but Auburn scares me). I also would like something I can actually get a reservation for

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.